“If you can't go to Hawaii, enjoy a slice of it here”
Review of Dukes Malibu

Dukes Malibu
Reserve with OpenTable
Dukes Malibu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Las Flores Canyon
Transit: MTA has a bus stop 100 yards down PCH
Description: Duke's Malibu has brought the excitement of Hawaii, Waikiki, and surfing to the mainland. The spectacular oceanfront location on Pacific Coast Highway offers over 300 feet of romantic oceanfront dining and memorabilia from both Hawaii and California surfing history. The Barefoot Bar, looking south into the lights of Santa Monica, is a great spot for drinks and casual food with friends.
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I love Hawaii. I love mahi-mahi, poke, ribs, and HULA PIE. Walking into Duke's Malibu is like being transported to Hawaii. The view is gorgeous and directly on the water. It is a happy place with a busy bar. Our food was excellent, our server great, and I loved my Mai Tai. Top it off with a slice of Hula Pie. Ahhh!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This s was a great place to enjoy a lunch on the beach. The fresh fish was great and we loved looking out over the ocean. You might can find tastier dishes somewhere else but for a beach view and good food this is a good place to stop.

1  Thank jetb18
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stopped by dukes on on the way to LAX for a late lunch, and had a great experience. I was with some coworkers on the way to LAX from calabasas from a meeting. We all said "wouldn't it be great if there was an ocean side spot for lunch" ? Out of no where on the PCH was Dukes. We opted out of the sit down restaurant, but rather chose the barefoot bar that was attached on the side. The menu was fairly limited, but did include a veggie burger which was very good. My co workers had the fish tacos, which they very much enjoyed. Happy hour was about an hour off from when we arrived, but the deals looked quite nice. I could totally see myself spending the afternoon here watching the sunset over the west coast and enjoying a few cold beers. BTW.. the waitress was very friendly and took care of us promptly. I will be back here next time I am in Malibu!

1  Thank watermonkey305
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Great place for Happy Hour and to watch the Sunset good appetizers and drink specials.

1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I love fish tacos, so had to try out Dukes. And Though it tasted fresh, the portion of grilled fish was wicked small, for the price. friendly bartender,but if your waitig for a table on a saturday it might be about 40 minutes. sit at the bar. valet parking was handy, so as not having to deal with fools who drive fancy cars but cant park.

1  Thank rustyspoon603

Been to Dukes Malibu? Share your experiences!