“This restaurant is by far the best in Malibu”
Review of Taverna Tony

Taverna Tony
Ranked #16 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I travel to Southern California all the time and there is never an occasion I don't have my vendors take me to Taverna Tony. It's the only restaurant in Malibu that I frequent, except sometimes for Geoffreys which I would rate second to Taverna Tony.

The food is just incredible. It's is continually frequented by the top names in the entertainment industry, whether it's studio moguls, directors, celebrities, etc. Even though they make the most incredible meat dishes, they also have a wonderful selection of vegetarian food which is important to us as my wife and daughter are vegetarians.

I conduct most of my lunch meetings at Taverna Tony as I can sit in areas which afford privacy. The last time we ate there, a well known studio executive was meeting with a well known director to discuss budgeting and casting for one of the top grossing movies of all time. That should tell you that you can trust this restaurant for great food. The patio is also pretty, mediterranean style. You feel like you are sitting in a restaurant on one of the Greek islands.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank travellingrickey
There are newer reviews for Taverna Tony

Reviewed June 16, 2010

Born in Toronto I have been eating Greek food my whole life and I have to say this is the best I have ever had. Everything we ordered was fresh and fantastic. Even my teenager loved it!

1  Thank Leannepit
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Angry manager, a bar tender who looked at us cross eyed when we asked for a wine list, and really, really average food. A big
disappointment; we wished we'd gone to Tra Di Noi (which we love!) next door.

1  Thank PalisadesDaisy
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Malibu, California
Reviewed May 4, 2010

best in malibu.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Tony's has a great selection of well-prepared Greek food. They had a lobster pasta special (which they have from time to time) that was sublime. Saw a couple of celeb's...

1  Thank NewYorkRex

Been to Taverna Tony? Share your experiences!