“Finally Greek food is in good hands.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taverna Tony

Taverna Tony
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Thíra, Kikladhes, Greece
“Finally Greek food is in good hands.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I can say that the food at Tony reminds me Greece!
Bat for this Taverna i say than when i go to Greece, reminds me of Tony Taverna....
I have seen the owner Tony there all day long, every day doing his best to keep up
the already excellent reputation and keep the place realistic.
The quality of food is top you can get, service grate, atmosphere Greek...

I do comment to ask for....
The fresh fresh fish TSIPOURA.
The calamari fried or broiled.
The octopus.
They are all so tender????? You will love them

I keep going for good Greek food at Tony, or i ask hem give me a job there so i can eat good Greek food.........

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Christo G

SoCal
“A little piece of Greece in Malibu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Heard about this place from a recommendation from Tommy Lee....don't usually listen to celebrities but he is Greek so I decided to try it. Thank you Tommy Lee for an excellent recommendation. Absolutely love this place. Go in the afternoon and eat outside it is wonderful.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank idocSoCal
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a feast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've been to LA / Malibu many times, but have never tried Taverna Tony until my last trip. I'm so glad that I did! This is a really nice restaurant with a great vibe and super friendly staff. Great menu with lots of great Greek dishes, and nice wine list. If you go, try the "Greek Feast". It's a lot of food, but it's all great!

Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Home Made Chicken Soup!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

The AVGOLEMONO SOUP which is homemade chicken soup is delicious!!! I've tried other Greek restaurants chicken soup and have been disappointed Tony's has the best. I love going to Tony's just to have their chicken soup anytime of the year.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank RA1927
Baywood Park, California
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Joined local friends, this being a most popular spot. This was an 'off-season' midweek evening - I understand it's most difficult 'in-season' to get in at all. The bar is near the entry and crowded, making for some difficult maneuvering thru traffic. For the most part the service was excellent, open to accommodating variations to menu choices, and ordinarily I'd "up this review to four stars", but my lamb shank ( served with spaghetti - but, being 'pasta-ed out" I ordered with their standard plate of potato, rice and veggies which was fine) ...the shank was cooked dry while 'the sauce' seemed to consist of red grease that 'plagued me' for several days thereafter (happy I did not get the spaghetti, drenched in it). Probably the worst shank ever, and it's a staple for me. Stick with the grilled meats (lamb chops looked like a winner), Prawns and pasta passed the test at the table. Chopped salad was fresh, and lentil soup a bit better than standard. Three out of four is not a bad average, but not at dinner, because 'someone' walks away disappointed. Also, if weather permits (it did not on this evening) I'd suggest the outdoor patio, which looked inviting. If you like the Malibu 'scene' it's a place to take it in.

• Visited December 2012