“Loved the view”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Malibu
Description: Nikita Malibu invites locals and travelers alike to appreciate the marriage of food and wine in a cozy, yet refined seaside architectural gem reminiscent of Saint-Tropez's private beaches.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friends and I were in LA for a bachelorette parry so we decided to go to Malibu one night for dinner. We had a really good time at Nikita! We had made reservations and were seated outside quickly. The food was delicious. Service was really good too. I would go back for sure.

3  Thank abariana99
Audrey C, Public Relations Manager at Nikita Malibu, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your Nikita Malibu experience. We take great pride in our ambiance, service, and menu and hope you had a lovely bachelorette party. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

What a fun time we had. What a beautiful restaurant. About 75% of it is outside seating right on the water. The music is "BPM" according to my husband who is a composer. "Beats per minute". Techno music I guess or trance music. Crowd is mostly younger than 50, but some older too. As long as you are well-heeled, you are welcome. The music keeps you ordering, drinking and having fun.
The view is magnificent. They have cone heaters to keep you warm at night and also blankets.
Our server, Laura, was wonderful. Of course we were there woefully early - 5:30 - so there were not too many people. But I had the feeling she could handle a crowd and still do everything well. It was great to be there early as we had our pick of tables for 4 both inside and out. We were well pleased with our four top outside in a niche slightly protected from the wind.
The menu is beautiful, the prices through the roof, and yes, the portions are very small. My friend had the Kale caesar salad which was very large though. Maybe it was supposed to be an entree salad? It was just delicious with a marvelous dressing. I had burrata with cherry heirloom tomatoes. The burrata was the real deal - fresh, soft and runny. I would have preferred regular sliced large heirlooms, but it was fine. Very small portion. $14 I think. My other friend just had the dinner salad which was fresh and colorful - $10? I think so.
They bring a warm sliced French baguette to the table with vinegar and oil - everyone gets their own vinegar and oil. And a highball glass filled with fresh veggies - carrots, celery, radish, cucumber. Crudities. Nice touch with a dipping sauce that was delicious.
The entrees were a bit more problematic. I had a perfectly cooked Branzino which was served with a vegetable ragu. There was no food. The Branzino was about 4 oz and the ragu was so very minutely chopped that I had no idea what they were. I was starving so I ordered pommes frites for $9. Not a big portion of those either.
One of my friends ordered the Rustic Chicken and he liked it a lot. Not a lot of food there either, but he had potatoes and mushrooms and said he was full.
My other friend ordered the sea bass that came very overcooked, and by the time they brought her a perfectly cooked one, we had finished our entrees. Perhaps that was why I ordered the french fries. :-))) Her portion was also infinitesimal.
Dessert was fresh raspberry and lemon sorbet -fantastic- with fresh fruit in the middle section - blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Coffee was good.
Now the best for last, go just for the drinks. They do a very generous pour. A Johnny Walker Black for $12 is really a double. Yikes. Works out to $6 per drink. The appetizers are also reasonable, so if I came back here, it would be drinks and hors d'oeuvres for me!! With the waves and the music and the lively crowd I would have a great time.
Come see it once. Right next to Nobu on PCH. Figure $100 pp and you will not be shocked when the bill comes.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I were in LA for a few days and had the good fortune to dine right on the Pacific coast, at Nikita Malibu. All in all, a great experience. The setting is amazing, the staff was knowledgeable, courteous and actually appeared to enjoy what they do (a concept often forgotten in this service industry). I have to be honest, I was not expecting to give the food high marks (thinking that the high marks went to the scenery) but am happy to say that both my wife and I had an excellent meal. The pea soup, the roast chicken, the Veal Milanese - all excellent choice. But the real star is the ravioli. OMG! As foodies, we were both amazed. Ravioli is difficult to make (I know) but to make it REALY good is even harder. Would love to work in Nikita's kitchen for the day and learn the ravioli secret :)

1  Thank Richard P
Audrey C, Public Relations Manager at Nikita Malibu, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Nikita Malibu.

We are very proud of our ambiance, service, and food and are delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your visit and our ravioli.

We hope to see you again soon!

-Nikita Malibu

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Nikita is named after the owner's girlfriend (Nikita Kahn). Located along PCH in Malibu right beside Nobu. This is one of the prettiest restaurant I've been to in a while. The view is breathtaking, the restaurant is pure eye candy, and what's great is that the food backs up the view.

Nikita is one of the few restaurants that will take a table of 8 for Easter Sunday. Our initial reservation was at 1:15pm however our mass ended early at Our Lady of Malibu church at 12:15pm, the restaurant was kind enough to seat us by 12:30pm.

We were seated outside, it was the perfect california weather, sunny, nice ocean breeze, and a "chilly" 64-66 degrees out.

I got to taste majority of the food that my family ordered. I ordered the wild mushroom pizza for myself and it was good. Earthy and rustic flavors from the mushrooms and great balance from the cheese. I wish the pizza dough would be a little bit more crispy like how they do it at Pizzeria Mozza.

We ordered 2 “Nikita” Cannolo for app which we all shared. We thoroughly enjoyed this dish, the seabass was great, crispy on the outside, served rare on the inside. You can easily eat a few of them in one sitting. Great starter dish.

My wife ordered the Risotto al Limone, great flavor but a tad too salty. The risotto itself was perfectly cooked and seasoned very very well, like I said, it was a little too salty but bearable. I would recommend this dish but ease up on the salt (maybe it's from the broth they used)

My father in law ordered the gnocchi. The tomato sauce was subtle, not acidic at all, the gnocchi was cooked great which absorbed the flavor of the tomato sauce, a simple dish like this tend to be hard to make, the chef was on point on this one.

My mother in law ordered the branzino, I was not able to taste this dish but it looked wonderful. Fished looked flaky and cooked perfectly again.

My youngest sister in law ordered the Nikita burger at medium rare, this for me was Nikita's weakest dish. By all means it's not bad but it's no father's office. It was an "okay" burger for me which I'll skip as Nikita has alot of other dishes that are better

My brother in law and my other sister in law ordered the scallop which I was not able to taste as well. They said that the scallop was a winner, great flavor, great taste, it was apparently a wonderful dish.

For dessert, we ordered 2 seven layer chocolate cake, Tiramisu, and Crostatina Di Frutta Fresca.

The 7 layer cake was divine. It was rich and decadent but not to the point where a few bites is too much, this was a wonderfully executed dessert. Too small to share, my advise is to order your own.

Tiramisu was wow, it was literally eating coffee, it was strong and sharp but I love it, 2 bites is more than enough for me.

the Crostatina Di Frutta Fresca, a simple fruit tart dish, straight forward and good.

Hi Jay,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Nikita Malibu.

We are truly proud of our restaurant's design, spectacular views, and cuisine and are happy that you and your family were able to sample a variety of our dishes on a lovely day.

We hope to see you again!
-Nikita Malibu

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We visited Nikita Malibu on a rainy night which took the shine off the experience however the food made up for the lack of a promised glorious sunset. I had the beet root salad without cheese followed by the gnocchi. To be honest I ended up with food envy as I didn't choose as well as my friends and family. It's not a place to go off menu. The kitchen should be able to cope but my recommendation would be to take it as it comes. Absolutely take the sommeliers advice on the wine, she is quiet simply the best and they put by the glass on most if not all wines. The service was just slightly below what I would have expected of such an established group of restauranteur's but not enough to spoil a great evening. Go, stick to the menu, pray for sun and hope the servers are up to scratch.

1  Thank mark b

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your Nikita Malibu experience. We take great pride in our distinguished Wine Director Renée-Nicole Kubin and are delighted that she was able to be a part of your dining experience. We apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and are continually working to improve each aspect of our restaurant. We hope to see you again--hopefully during sunset hour!

Nikita Malibu