“Fun Escape from the City Life (not your typical vineyard tour)”

Malibu Wine Safaris
Ranked #2 of 7 Food & Drink in Malibu
More attraction details
Owner description: An adventure in an open top modified safari vehicle through Malibu's largest operating vineyard. The tour includes stops to feed exotic animals including zebras, water buffalo, llamas, and other creatures. We take visitors through sprawling vineyards to a private tasting location. Visitors indulge in estate grown wines and hor'duerves paired with the wines to create a memorable experience.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I can't even believe this place exists so close to Los Angeles. It's worth going just to see the animals and the ranch itself, not to mention the wine and the tour which were both awesome.

The staff was friendly and had great senses of humor which allowed for a laid back and fun experience unlike your typical (snobby) fine wine vineyard tours and tastings.

Will definitely be coming back soon, and will try not to get sneezed on by a camel next time. :)

Dakota S, Manager at Malibu Wine Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hello,

We just wanted to thank you for writing a great review on TripAdvisor! We hope to see you again soon at Malibu Wine Safaris.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend surprise me by taking me here for Valentines day and I could not have imagined a better way to some this holiday! It was so fun, relaxing, and beautiful! I can't wait to visit again soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I loved our Malibu Wine Safaris adventure. We were surprised to arrive at the lively wine garden prior to our actual safari tour. The wine garden offered seat-yourself picnic benches and tables surrounding a small stage with good live music. Arrive early with large groups to ensure seating - they don't accept reservations. A great people watching place!

NOTE FOR NEXT TIME - They don't serve food. A tip from me: pre-order sandwiches online from Bay Cities on your way out. We enjoyed some of the delicious Saddlerock wines and listened to the music prior to our tour.

Our actual wine safari was also fun! Having been on an African safari, I had to adjust my expectations slightly. The animals were lovely; however we engaged with them much like a small petting zoo vs. seeing them roaming on their own. We were able to feed zebras, llamas, alpacas, ponies, and more. The safari jeep accommodated about 9 people, so it was an intimate group.

We stopped at various scenic overlooks along the way for the wine tastings (as a wedding venue, the grounds housed different locations - all beautiful - and the chateau was my favorite!) The tastings allowed for a very solid pour! 3 whites and 3 reds. The sauvignon blanc was my favorite - peppery in a unique way. Our tour guides were incredibly knowledgable.

I would definitely go back to spend a day relaxing in the wine garden with friends. The safari would be a good "to do" for out-of-town guests who are less interested in the Hollywood side of LA.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Leigh R

Reviewed January 16, 2014

A beautiful drive to the winery, live music and excellent wine and weather. We did not want to leave. If I were a local, it would be a regular weekend afternoon location.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Fun, Relaxing, Not rushed, enjoyable . . .completely enjoyed the history and sights of the property! Guides, JC, Miles and forest were great!! Thanks for a fantastic birthday treat!! the lunch setting was great and you can enjoy the wines and the view on your time . .Mahalo (thank you)

Malibu Wine Safaris Management

Been to Malibu Wine Safaris? Share your experiences!