“Fabulous dinner with a fabulous view!”
Review of Chart House - CLOSED

Chart House
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Topanga Cyn / Sunset Blvd.
Transit: RTD
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal here! The view is hard to beat, uninstructed view of the ocean & mountains, jumping dolphins seen from our window seats. Dinner was great too! I had the ahi tuna, their signature & would definitely order again! The best tuna I've had. Their chart house signature desert, the molten chocolate cake is a must too!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant was outstanding. My buddy and I wanted a nice beach front restaurant for dinner as we were driving through Malibu. We didn't have any reservations, but we able to get seated within 15 minutes. They were able to give us a window seat that looked out directly on the beach and ocean of Malibu Beach. The staff was friendly and the food was great. With an entree and splitting and appetizer and dessert it was about $50 per person. If you are looking for ocean front dinning, this place is fantastic!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I made a reservation for Valentine’s Day dinner at 5pm after many years of driving the Chart House. I was MORTIFIED and EMBARRASSED when seated for dinner, we were NOT inside the restaurant, but on the wooden patio deck outside, which has a three-quarters covered roof area; it was a foggy evening and freezing cold – the three small roof heaters did not kick out enough warmth to change the temperature a single degree. The tables for “two” so close together the servers had to be careful not to knock items off the other tables; our “neighbors” were sitting in our laps. Soups were delivered and fit on the small cocktail-type table. The main was served (so close to our first course that we hadn’t even gotten half the way through the soup), there was insufficient room on the table for our dinner plates, drink / water glasses, salt and pepper, candle and soup bowls / plates. The fault lies with management whose focus was on revenue generation over the quality of the experience for the customer. If you know anything about customer experience and marketing – if you please a customer, on average they share the experience with one person. If you disappoint a person and under deliver, a dissatisfied customer will tell on average eleven people. I can guarantee you I will be sharing this experience with far more than eleven individuals! DO NOT GO TO THE CHART HOUSE if you EXPECT to be treated as a CUSTOMER!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

While in Los Angeles for NCAA Women's Gymnastics Championships, we went sight-seeing with friends up the Pacific Coast Hwy. We had heard that the Chart House was nice, so we gave it a try. I had prime rib and several others had the shrimp (cocoanut or scampi). Everybody agreed the food was excelent. Of course, we all had to try their famous Mud Pie, it was very good also. Good food, good service, and a great view of the Pacific at sunset.

1  Thank baileespoppa
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had lunch at the Chart House in Malibu. After paying $4.00 to park my own car we were greeted by a lovely hostess and excellent waitress. Our wine was delivered promptly and my wife ordered the special waffle salad and I the coconut shrimp. My meal excellent with just the right serving. My wife's salad was fine, but the waffle's were burned. The view from our window seat was terrific as we watched the surfers attack the small waves. Over all, a very nice lunch at a reasonable price...except for the waffles. I understand their chocolate cake is excellent, but we took a pass.