“Location Location Location”

Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Paradise Cove Rd.
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
“Location Location Location”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stumbled across this place on a summer sunday afternoon while trying to kill time on a business trip. It probably is a LOT nicer when it's not stiflingly hot and uber-crowded as it was when I went.
The menu is expensive, but then you are eating on the beach in Malibu. I only got a shrimp cocktail at the bar because I didn't want to wait - but I looked at the menu and it looked good - would definitely try the paella if I went back. Bartender was really friendly and nice despite it being extremely hot and busy. It is pretty cool that you can get a table and service on the beach outside or inside in the restaurant overlooking the ocean. I should also mention that parking is steep - but it says it is only $6/hour if you eat at the cafe, however they don't tell you that you have to spend at least $30 at the cafe AND have your meal receipt validated - otherwise you pay $40 for parking.

“Mixed emotions”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Great paella seafood- drinks good -  cost us close too $100.00 for two of us to dine on beach front. --And the beach was wonderful - however. .. •••Parking lot price was a rip off. •••This place makes big bucks there as ya leave this " paradise". We prepaid the total price of $6.00 for parking in this "strange- operating" machine on sidewalk-- which the cafe punched for us -  accidentally lost this ticket stub -  and we were charged an additional --- $ 40.00 for parking as we left. This " paradise" anticipates people losing their ticket parking stubs- I guess !!  Plus we showed our cafe receipt to the attendant proving we did eat at their cafe . ..  Attendant told us we must pay the additional $40.00 anyway --beware !!---  Rip- off !!!

2 Thank Gary L
“Sand in your toes”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We drove here one day while visiting Los Angeles. The drive is beautiful. When you arrive, there is valet parking and it's really easy & accessible. we had to wait for about 10 minutes for an outside seat. The outside tables are in sand, so you'll get some sand between your toes! The portion sizes are HUGE so it's worth the price. I was a little disappointed that I was charged full price for a coconut water cocktail when I just ordered coconut water in a coconut (?) But I didn't make a big deal out of it. They offer complimentary postcards and will provide postage if you want to mail it. The beach is pretty. There are beds you can rent or free chairs to sit on (first come first serve). It was a great day!

• Visited May 2014
Los Angeles, California
“The food sucks, but can't beat the view of Pacific...”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for haute cuisine this ain't the place. Here is my recommendation: go to the stunning Getty Villa Museum in Malibu, which closed at 5 pm. Then head up the coast to Malibu Cove. Order the calamari appetizer and a bottle of wine at the bar and take these out to the big wooden chairs in front of the restaurant, right on the beach. It's divine.

1 Thank Carol W
Fort Worth, Texas
“Overpriced”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

There was a very long wait to sit inside the restaurant, so we opted to order take-away and eat at the nearby tables. The location of this place is great, but it is overpriced and not worth the money. The parking is a bit ridiculous too, so be prepared for that when you arrive.

1 Thank balletrfs17