“Wow - Affordable Lunch on a Sandy Beach in Malibu!!!”

Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Paradise Cove Rd.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Leaving the hotel in Beverly Hills the doorman suggested Paradise Cove in Malibu. Such a surprise - a great restaurant on the beach! We asked to sit outside and I was surprised again when we walked through the sand to our table. The calamari was perfect in a tall, huge goblet-like container and I haven't had calamari so perfect in quite some time. Not that I could eat anything else, but my husband shared a little of his cheeseburger with me. Again, it was great.

I need to get out more because I've never seen bobo balls of fruit (I guess it's fruit, but little tiny edible frozen balls) in rum drinks. These must be everywhere, but I must admit I've never had these little flavored balls of fruit in a drink - yummy. I'd go back for the drinks and the calamari and the seafood platter someone else ordered, and the beach!

This restaurant is adjacent to a beach park decorated with fun painted surf boards where chairs and beach beds are rented for a day at the beach. Paradise Cove was a fun, happy, inviting restaurant with an added beach park. We were about 40 feet from the ocean, but we could have been as close as 25 feet! Definitely a destination for families, couples and very friendly on all levels. Can't wait for our next visit when we're in LA! Just need to wear sandals, not shoes on the beach...ample inside seating is also available. Sand easily came out of my shoes - sand in my shoes would not have kept me from this great restaurant and experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I came here with my whole family and we all loved the place. It's really beautiful! As for the food, gotta try the clam chowder, the crispy calamari, the crab cakes and the prime steak!!!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stopped by for lunch - it was quite delicious. All the tacos were fantastic - as well as their delicious fresh drinks. It was also refreshing to sit outside with your toes in the sand!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Loved the ambiance. They seated us outdoors - on the beach! - and we enjoyed awesome tacos and chips & salsa. The atmosphere is great, the café indoors is decked-out with amazing photos and newspaper clippings about the restaurant's history. Loved eating here. Went on recommendation from a local, and when in town again we're heading back.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our party of two couples were making our way from LAX to spend the week on the coast of California. We were passing through Malibu looking for a lunch place and from Tripadvisor we lunch here at Paradise Cove Beach Cafe. We loved the rustic feel of the place and the location right on the beach. We were given a window seat however it was a cloudy rainy day but still nice to see the ocean. Two of us had Bloody Mary's and we all shared YUMMY guacamole. Three of us had the fish and shrimp tacos. Out of all the restaurants we ate all week along the coast to San Francisco, we still rated the fish and shrimp tacos as our best meal. The service also was outstanding!

Been to Paradise Cove Beach Cafe? Share your experiences!