“Good breakfast with nice views”

Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 93 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Paradise Cove Rd.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very good food and right on the beach. Coffee served with a cookie and whipped cream! Breakfast was filling but a bit expensive for what you get - you pay the premium for the view. Service was average and it was not too crowded. During a busy day it might be an issue.

You can walk along the beach but the pier is closed. If you spend $30 on food then your parking is only $6 but make sure you get your ticket validated.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I think this probably a restaurant for visitors to Malibu, as it is quintessentially California. You sit next to the beach, often flapping off huge seagulls who are fighting you to enjoy the fabulous fresh fish. The staff are young, competent and friendly. Portions huge by UK standards and persistently top notch.

I am fortunate to visit Malibu friends every year and this is a restaurant event I would not miss.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Eating outside under umbrellas in the sand is a wonderful lunch experience at the beach. Variety of fish, chicken, ribs, salads on the menu. Full bar available. Kids menu. Service not rushed casual friendly atmosphere. Indoor seating available for cooler days and nights. Reservations advised but still may be a wait. Parking validated.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Okay, I really want to love this place. Beautiful location...plenty of entertainment on the beach...casual dining with a good menu...and one of the few places where I can get relatively fresh Alaskan King Crab. But sadly, I'm over this place.
The last straw was some very fishy(sorry couldn't help myself) manipulations of a few VISA gift cards I used to pay the hefty bill. I'm getting ahead of myself though, so I'll start from the beginning.
I've been to Paradise Cove Cafe many times. I don't care for how congested the parking lot gets. And I still get surprised when after validating my parking stub, I have to pay $6 to get out. But I guess I feel like I'm getting quite a bargain when non-restaurant going parkers have to pay $40 for the privilege!
I don't always get the Alaskan King Crab and everything else I've had on the menu is good (clam chowder, fish tacos, halibut). But I do treat myself on occasion and the King Crab is excellent. As the menu will tell you...a pound and a half at the daily rate (which was $79 the other day). Pretty steep but I went for it. When the plate came, there were two huge ears of corn on the cob taking up the majority of space and maybe 3/4 pound of crab. Two ears??
I called my waiter over and politely told her I have had the crab plate many times and even without my handy crab scale, I could tell I was way short of a pound and a half. The manager came over and agreed it was short. To their credit they brought a satisfactory amount to my table to make up the difference.
Three dinners, drinks and an appetizer brought the total to $185.
I used two gift cards ($50 & $100) and added my card to pay the balance and a tip.
Someone I believe was a bartender came to the table and told us that the gift cards wouldn't pay their full value and gave us receipts for $40 and $80.
I paid the balance and tipped very generously because the restaurant did the right thing with the crab.
We found out later when trying to use the gift cards that more had been taken out at Paradise Cove Cafe. We verified this by calling the credit card company. We were instructed to call the corporate office of the restaurant. A day later the missing money appeared on the cards.
I can find Alaskan King Crab somewhere else. Won't be going back to this place.

2  Thank steve b
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great location right on the beach! The service was wonderful. We had a very large group and they were very helpful and accommodating. Our food came out fast and we were able to enjoy sunset on the beach after!

Been to Paradise Cove Beach Cafe? Share your experiences!