The Reel Inn
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Great fish, fun casual hangout.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed July 14, 2008

I remember going there last year. My girlfriend and I went with some friends for a late night meal. The place was half empty because it was close to closing time. The food was alright, but not to die for. What lost it for us was the large rat that jumped onto the table next to us. To top it off the weird cashier from Australia said that the rat was their mascot. Now I'm all for jokes but that was not the right time for humor. I told a friend about it the next day, and he said they see rats in there all the time. Sorry but rats and crazy cashiers will keep me away.

3  Thank LARamsforever
Reviewed April 26, 2008

I have to tell you that I would not write this review if I did not give a place more than enough chances. First of all, I have been going to the Reel Inn for Years. Basically it has always been a dive kind of place. But over the years the place has gotten -dirtier-, the employees are not funny and actually down right rude to customers- and quite frankly make this place a place to avoid.
The prices have also gone up to the point that you could easily spend 20 + a person and look at the fried stuff on your plate and say I should have gone to Kentucky Fried.

They are not cheap and you could go to a Real Restaurant in Malibu for Santa Monica and getting better quality fish at a better price.

I unfortunately have to say that unless it is still the 1990s when they had their act together, avoid.

2  Thank enjoyfish
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Fresh as it gets....

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 25, 2008

Order for one feeds 2 people...

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to The Reel Inn? Share your experiences!