“Nobu But Better”

Neighborhood: Malibu
New York
“Nobu But Better”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I've been lucky enough to eat at Nobu restaurants in many cities around the world and still like the classics like the sashimi salad, rock shrimp tempura and tiradito. However, the beach front setting of Nobu Malibu absolutely takes the Nobu dining experience to another level. Once you are there, you will never want to leave.
The food is similar to other Nobu's but the chef here has some very good original items that play on an Italian/Japan/Peru theme.
I read several reviews complaining about the service but I found the entire staff to be very professional and warm. I was told that there was a time limit on my table but I never felt any pressure to leave our water side table. I don't usually comment on bathrooms but this restaurant has one of the nicest and best smelling (I know it sounds weird) bathrooms I've been to in the States.

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
huntsville, al
“Amazing!”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Hands down one of the best meals I have ever had. The heart of Palm salad was amazing! It had a little kick combined with a creamy sauce. The cod in miso is always amazing and then we tried the fried edamame and corn which was phenomenal. However the best of course was the wagyu beef

Palm Springs, California
“We booked a month in advance and wow!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We were in Malibu over Labor Day weekend and knew in advance we wanted to eat at Nobu. I booked a month in advance, which is the first day you can make a reservation. We had a marvelous evening. The food and presentation were exceptional. We followed our waitresses' recommendations on the local favorites and could not have been more pleased. We expected to pay a lot and were not disappointed. Also a great spot for people and celebrity watching.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing view and delicious food.”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We were on our honeymoon, enjoying a Californian road trip and we decided to stop off here for lunch on our way to Santa Monica. Be prepared to pay for parking, the valet service is a bit aggressive, but ignore that and relax enjoying the view and delicious food.
We were so glad that we chose to sit in the sunshine; we sat unwinding on sofas with a spectacular view of the Malibu coast. This is an informal dinning experience with a low table, but as the food we enjoyed was sharing plates, so it wasn't an issue. The waitress gave great recommendations and we ate our way through sashimi, a seaweed salad, the black cod, that does live up to the hype and a selection of sushi. I would also recommend trying a Mia Margarita, be warned it has a bit of a kick.
We would love to return again one day to see how the experience would differ in the evening.

• Visited August 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

This is THE place for celeb watching. Very expensive--very chic--and a posers paradise! Booking is advised, although we were able to find a table with no problem. As you would expect, the food is world class, the service perfect and the bill high. Perfect place to see and be seen!

Visited August 2014

Been to Nobu Malibu? Share your experiences!