“Great position”

Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Malibu
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Were lucky to get a table over looking the ocean. Beautiful setting and food. Hope to back one day. Much better than our Cape Town one!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Can't find a more romantic setting in Malibu if you can get to sit outside at the waters edge. Great food, great drinks, the place is buzzing.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

While staying in Malibu for a whole month we felt we needed to check out the famous restaurant Nobu Malibu. The concept is family style dinner i.e. you share all dishes you order at the table. We visted Nobu for lunch and there were a lot of dishes to select from. Innovative new dishes with an Asian touch, I can't make the dishes justice by describing them but let me emphasize that all dishes ranging fromlobster, albacore, chicken and another fish..and the awesome desserts were absolutely top notch. You can really feel that the chef is one of the best chefs in the world. Of couse a bit expensive but you can decide yourself how many dishes you want to order and thereby keep control over the amount you spend. The location right on the beach in the new modernistic building is awesome. If you have the possibility, go and enjoy an extraordinary meal out on the patio overlooking the smashing waves fron Pacific Ocean!

2  Thank Sofiestar
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a very beautiful feel good restaurant. On the ocean and a view that is amazing. We sat inside which was fine since the outdoor was chilly and we did not bring wraps, reservations are taken one month to the day . with that Sid food is amazing but hey that is why nobu is nobu, We told the waiter to do his thing and give a feel for Malibu since we et a lot of nobu in the city. OMG such a wide range of different twist on a norm ... Miso cod in a taco. Talk bout creative!! The delivery of the plates were a work of art. Fun to be t the ocean for sushi,,,

1  Thank denise k
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The "new" Nobu Malibu is a very interesting place.

It has the distinction of being simultaneously the most overrated and underrated restaurant in the Greater L.A. area.

For sushi aficionados, yes there are better places in LA for sushi for the haters there are many worse spots in L.A. to spend $200 for dinner.

I liked the "old" Nobu for its intimacy and it was the only decent spot to get sushi in the area.

I really like the "new" Nobu for its spectacular setting and still very good food. In the past if I was on the Westside I wouldn't have considered driving to Malibu to Nobu because I could get what I thought was better sushi there (Sushi Zo, Mori, Hiko and so on), but I would consider it now if I wanted more than just a meal, if I was looking for a great experience (ambiance, view, scene).

Don't let anyone tell you Nobu doesn't have very good quality food, they do. You do have to know how and what to order in a better sushi restaurant and not go for the overly sauced, but stick to the simply dressed sushi and you should not be disappointed.

3  Thank scottca075