“Freshest sushi in a fatastic location”
Review of Nobu Malibu

Nobu Malibu
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Malibu
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My daughter and I had a lovely last minute dinner at Nobu. We didnt have a reservation so we went and put our name on the list for the sushi bar. As we waited at the bar ( with the mose magnificent view of the sunsetting over Malibu) the hostess came over and told us a reservation had been cancelled and would we like to sit on the patio? We were then served a fabulous sushi dinner with service that was impeccable. After each amazing sushi course, plates were changed out for clean ones. We were never rushed and had dishes brought out over a few hours time. It was a terrific evening, spending time with my daughter in a terrific location with amazing food!

1  Thank malibumomof7
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went on a Monday night with another couple. The food was fantastic. The service was good. It's somewhat noisy and very busy but that was fine and didn't diminish our experience at all. The price was what I expected and wasn't bad. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank NCPirate82
Reviewed October 27, 2012

It is really nice to sit there with ocean just behind you. The place really looks nice. Though, I had much higher opinion for food. Sushi was good, but nothing special. My entree shrimp tempura, bit disappointing. It seemed like it had too much vinegar in the sauce and made the overall taste a bit unbalanced.

1  Thank Evelin456
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went to Nobu restaurant in Malibu tonight for the first time with another couple. We are long-time Malibu residents, and we were looking forward to the experience. It was a Tuesday night and they were extremely busy. The architecture, the ambience, and the location next to the ocean were ideal. The food is a different story. The waiter said that the dishes were family style, which is difficult for me since I am a pretty healthy eater. I explained to the waiter that I did not eat tuna and other high-mercury fish, nor was I interested in their deep fried items. I asked him about the lobster salad, and he said it came with lettuce only and no vegetables. He encouraged me to eat other people's food, but I didn't like what they were ordering. Finally, I got some shrimp with lobster and some mushrooms. (I still have a stomach ache.) My husband ordered trout, which came half uncooked and he had to send it back. The spinach was crispy and extremely salty. Most of the food was served in the center of the table, and no serving utensils were supplied. I asked for a large spoon and was accommodated. I guess you are all supposed to dig your own personal fork into the community food and hope your friends aren't sick. The parking is $8 and our bill for four people was $280, and I came home and had a snack because I was hungry. If you must go, just go at sunset and order drinks and a California roll. Go some place else for dinner. The waiter even grabbed my wine glass when it was not quite empty and whisked it off to the kitchen. For a good meal, go to True Food in Santa Monica.

3  Thank Jane R
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is one of the most beautiful restaurants I have ever seen anywhere. It is the ultimate in LA Chic. There are more exotic cars in the parking lot than in Dupont Registry. The outdoor seating is over the sand. if you can pull an outdoor table it is as good as it gets. It is filled with faces familiar to all. It is really fun....The food is Nobu, just nobu. Nothing special, but nothing to get upset about. it is the same menu as the other 275 Nobu restaurants that are scattered around like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse....but for a good time in LA, there is NO better place

1  Thank casa360

Been to Nobu Malibu? Share your experiences!