“Seaside Gem - Incredibly Good!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish Market and Patio Cafe

Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish Market and Patio Cafe
Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Jose, California
“Seaside Gem - Incredibly Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This little unassuming roadside place is by far THE BEST MEAL of the weekend! We decided to take a drive up the coast, didn't have a lunch plan, and weren't interested in the big touristy looking places. This looked cute and a quick search on the iPad showed lots of people thought well of it, so we decided to give Malibu Seafood a try. There is the restaurant side and the fish market side - lots of local folks were buying fresh fish to cook at home, a good sign. There was a line but it moved quickly - a casual place, menu is on the wall, you order and pay, and then pick up the food when it's ready at the side window. There are picnic tables on two patios next to the building, quite comfortable actually, and the view of the ocean is spectacular, a (multi) million dollar view. But let's talk about the food - it was delicious, scrumptious, incredible. We started with the shrimp cocktail. It was a good portion of super fresh, plump, sweet prawns, with seafood cocktail sauce in a little container on the side. The shrimp were so good we ignored the sauce. Then, I had the squid sandwich. It was amazing - a thick slab of super fresh soft squid, grilled (not fried) on toasted sourdough bread with simple slices of fresh summery tomatoes, lettuce, and red onion. It usually comes with tartar sauce but I skipped that, trust me, no additions needed to this wonderful treat! I can't remember last time I enjoyed a sandwich so much. My husband had the Ahi burger with fries and loved it - a thick slab of Ahi with tartar sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and onion piled on a soft bun, served with a big portion of thick cut fries, he had a great meal. Sitting together watching the ocean in the sunshine on this beautiful day and enjoying a great simple meal - well, life just can't get much better!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Beth S

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario
“Fresh Food on PCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a casual restaurant / seafood purveyor that offers you a wonderful view of the Pacific Ocean while you are eating on a patio.

We stopped off here for a late lunch after a business meeting. I had the best ahi tuna burger for $12.00; it was simply prepared with perfectly cooked ground tuna, tartar sauce, lettuce and tomatoes on a fresh egg bun. Very nice. The fries were home-made and very good as well. Nothing extravagant here....just fresh, tasty food prepared with care.

Enjoy this place if you are in the neighbourhood.

• Visited May 2013
Calabasas, California
“Fun, Rustic and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you're fresh from the beach in your flower print board shorts (and a t shirt please) wearing your flip flops and caked in sunscreen, this place is for you, Green-dog. Its casual, man! Stand in line, choose your meal, pay, then pick up your food at another window... No wait staff here! The food is good but the place can get frenetic on weekends. Expect a line a fight for a table but don't get discouraged, the line moves fast. If you're lucky enough to get there during the weekday (its kinda close to my office,) the crowds are rare and the seating is pleasant. We recently watched some dolphins at play in the distance while enjoying some great shrimp. I'm only able to select one choice for couples, family, friends, business or solo but any of these will work.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“A new favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Found out about this place on tripadvisor. Good thing, because it was amazing!

My wife and I were on our way back from the Strawberry Festival in Oxnard and decided we would try this place. First off, the location cannot be beat. It is located right off PCH with a view of the ocean.

The atmosphere is amazing. Outdoor seating only. There are picnic benches under a shaded awning. Everyone brings their own beer or wine (I think there was like 1 beer for sale, then basic soda, water,too).

The food is absolutely amazing. We only ordered the clam chowder, fish and chips and 2 orders of steamed clams. One of the best! The only other place we've had steamers that compare are up in Monterey. Next time we will definitely order fish entrees. They looked amazing and fresh.

Now be warned, this place is popular. So go there expecting a wait. That's what happens. But it's worth the wait for sure! Just have some people wait in line while others grab a table and all will be good in life. I promise.

I will definitely return to this place.

• Visited May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great stop on the PCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were so happy to find this place for lunch after driving from Santa Monica to Malibu. We were looking for a reasonably priced seafood lunch, and that's exactly what we found here. After ordering from the counter and getting a buzzer, we found a table outside and waited about 10 minutes for our food. I had the grilled red snapper, and I believe it was around $12 which, considering the portion size, was a very reasonable price. It also included two sides. Everything I ordered [I chose fries+coleslaw as my sides] was delicious. Not to mention the amazing ocean views provided by the outside seating. If I didn't live on the East Coast, I would definitely be back here.

• Visited April 2013