“Day Boat Sea Scallops & Lobster Salad”
Review of Geoffrey's

Geoffrey's
Reserve with OpenTable
Geoffrey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: 2 miles south of Kanan canyon, 4 miles north of Malibu canyon
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I made a reservation through Open Table. You can also request where you want to sit (oceanside of course!)

You can only access the restaurant when you are travelling eastbound on PCH (they are on the south side of PCH) so if you are travelling westbound, you'll have to make a U-turn. Geoffrey's has a little parking lot and it's valet parking only ($6.00 will be added to your check). You'll see their white and blue sign and arrows directing you to where to pull in.

I must say, they provided EXCELLENT service. The hostess called me the day before to confirm our reservation. Our server was also great and he had another women assisting him. They were on top of things yet never felt overwhelming.

The rosemary bread came out piping hot and it was delicious.

We ordered the following:
Fresh pineapple juice
Antioxidant Mojito (Acai and fresh blueberries)
Bottled sparkling water
Sautéed Lump Crab Cakes (served over a Sweet Corn Butter Sauce topped with a Pasilla Chile and Grilled Corn Relish)
Maine Lobster Cobb Salad (1lb lobster, Nueske's Bacon, tomatoes, avocado, eggs, blue cheese, Honey Dijon vinaigrette)
Sautéed Day Boat Sea Scallops (over Maine lobster risotto with pomegranate reduction)
Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Bars (with crème anglaise and strawberry coulis)

The crab cakes were moist and flavorful. I've never had scallops so perfectly cooked. They had a nice sear but were so tender and soft. I just used my fork to cut into it. My husband was also impressed by the lobster cobb salad. All the sauces for the dishes also went well and had a punch of flavor.

The view from our table was awesome and the umbrellas overlap each other so there was never a time when the sun was in our eyes. The restaurant is above some residential homes so you don't have a 100% ocean view. Every once in a while 4 pelicans would fly by as we ate and we would see activity in the ocean.
Great location, great food, great service. Definitely will be back again!

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

What a great place to enjoy the spectacular views. We stayed here for 3 hours to watch the sunset.
You need a reservation to sit by the window which is annoying.

We ate the scallops and shrimp entree which wasnt that good. The raspberry mojito was delicious and the wagu beef was oh so great. I recommend sharing the wagu as the serving is large. The place is on the pricier side but it is well worth it. The manager is lovely and made sure we were enjoying ourselves.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

A classic in Malibu. You can't beat the view, at least not in Malibu, so it's a must in particular for people visiting the LA area. The food is good but doesn't quite match the quality of the view. I must say, however, that I'm used to fine European cuisine, so perhaps I was expecting a bit too much. Service was impeccable, friendly and efficient.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Wow - this restaurant is great!!! We had been in LA for a few days then went to the Reagan Library. On the way back someone suggested we go by way of the Pacific Coast Highway and stop in at Geoffrey's and were we glad we did!!! This was my family's favorite meal of the trip! We - my husband and 2 sons aged 16 and 13 - found the food and service excellent. Victor was our server and he was hilarious! My son and husband had Paella - it was the first time for my son and he LOVED it. I had the eggs benedict and they were delicious. Our 16 year old ate every bit of his steak. We enjoyed the food all the while looking out at the wonderful view. I felt like I was in the Mediterranean. Wish I was there now! Make a point to try this restaurant when you are in Malibu!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had a lovely oceanside table for my wife and daughter. The brunch was very good, but not outstanding. The service was excellent and the view was magnificent. We all had omelets, which were rather dry and not as hot as should of been. However, all in all it was a good experience and we would go back.