“Most romantic Restaurant over-looking the Malibu coast.”
Review of Geoffrey's

Geoffrey's
Reserve with OpenTable
Geoffrey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: 2 miles south of Kanan canyon, 4 miles north of Malibu canyon
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I loved this place so much I included it in an article I wrote titled: California's Best Oceanfront Restaurants for your Valentine. It sits on a bluff where you can sit outside or inside. You also are allowed to bring your own bottle of wine; however, that doesn't mean it's free because you do pay a corkscrew (modest) fee. Thou it is a drive up past Malibu, if you like privacy this is the place for you, and it's why it's a celebrity hang-out. If you want to avoid valet parking you can park off the PCH on the side of the road. I wouldn't say they give you the biggest portions, but the atmosphere is laid back and the food great. It's nice to be able to sit outside w/the outdoor heaters and even more-soo the service you get is with a smile. Need I say more? I first visited this restaurant with a gentleman in 1995. Than I went a second time w/my Husband in 1998. I called Geoffrey's in February 2013 in order to write my article on-line. The manager was very helpfull- and I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Geoffrey's has it all - great setting, awesome views of the ocean, lively crowd, celebrities.....but the restaurant experience is just average.
When you arrive you're met with just another annoying valet parking experience.
Even though you made a reservation and re-confirmed via phone the day before,
there is no effort to make you feel welcome.
We felt crammed in at our table, the staff showed no enthusiasm.
The food however was nicely presented and very tasty. The recommended paella is very yummy and coud easily feed 2.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Another enjoyable evening, the restaurant always a success, have been going here for a long time for special occasions and always pleased

Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we visit our son in LA, we often drive up the PCH to Santa Barbara to see friends and Geoffreys is the perfect spot to stop for lunch. This is a barren wasteland for good restuarants for some inexpicable reason, given the wealth in Malibu. Geoffreys would be very easy to miss driving northwards which involves driving past and then performing a legal U turn. There is a very efficient and welcoming car valet parking service for which there is a charge (in addition to a tip). Once you are seated, hopefully at or close to the edge which has the most perfect view of the Ocean, you forget all the hassle of driving and relax and enjoy the excellent food and service.

There have been negative comments about prices but for the view and an area where there is such a limited choice, I did not think that the $65 tab inc tip and parking charge was at all bad and we both had delicious salads inc. the spicy shrimp which is very good indeed. We saw a pod of dolphin pass by when we were there recently and there is a peace and tranquility here which we notice each time we visit. On the way back it was Sunday and with a queue of cars waiting to drive in, we decided to give it a miss but we will return.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lots of our friends recommended Geoffrey's, so we went with another couple who live in LA

We had the crab cakes and mussels to start followed by encrusted salmon, two steaks and the scallops. All of the above we're delicious.

Our waiter was very friendly throughout.

We had a great table outside overlooking the ocean.

I'd definitely recommend it.

Been to Geoffrey's? Share your experiences!