“great view, good service and food”
Review of Moonshadows

Moonshadows
Reserve with OpenTable
Moonshadows is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Big Rock
Description: Oceanside restaurant with breathtaking panoramic views for romantic dining. Our chic nightspot. Serenades by live DJs spinning hot tracks nightly in the Blue Lounge, brims with a vogue, Hollywood-meets-Malibu crowd, indulging in a tranquil, yet hip vibe.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stopped by on a Monday afternoon -- sat outside -- great view -- staff was friendly, helpful and attentive -- prices reasonable -- recommend

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I live in Los Angeles. Moonshadows is my escape from my daily life. The restaurant and lounge sits right over the shoreline. Specially, the patio provides a relaxing and fun environment that seems to transport you to place you would more likely find in Europe.

The local laws don't allow alcohol consumption on the beach. Moonshadows is the perfect destination to take in the beautiful Pacific while enjoying a bottle of wine or wonderfully made mixed drink with a meal.

My favorites on the menu are tuna tar tar, hamachi, octopus, salmon, ribeye steak, lobster and crab pasta. You can enjoy all of these great meals and drinks while enjoying the music being played by a live dj.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Driving on the fast highway down to Malibu it is pretty hard to find the right spot even with a GPS, well for new people in the area, however perhaps that was just me. Any ways as we enter to this place, we were welcome in a very polite way, the services wasn't the best at first by the host but later, on the table our waitress was fenomenal. she recommended us the octopus and we could not ever retreat that choice. It was Amazing !! the food in General was great and not to talk about the view, it was just really worth to spend a few bucks over there with out complains.

i will highly recommend this place for travellers.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Not being a local, I didn't know what to expect from a Malibu restaurant, and was pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. Moonshadows is located right on PCH 1[ watch out for traffic when you cross the highway!] - overlooking the water. Everything we tried was very good - most notable being the ahi tuna tartar starter which was ample, tasty, and beautifully presented. Considering the location, quality of food, and attentive service - prices were quite reasonable. We will definitely return on our next visit to LA.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Let me start by saying "I love Moonshadows", I've always loved Moonshadows. But I would also pick and choose what I want to do there and when......
Super bar menu, always happy with the calamari or the crab cakes. But my favourite thing to do is watch the sun go down over Malibu from the deck sipping one of their fabulous cocktails, especially the mojito. What I don't love to do is fight off the pigeons for my food! So in future if I want to eat I'll do it indoors and I'll be very happy to have a glorious cocktail watching the sun go down.