“ROMANTIC”
Review of Moonshadows

Moonshadows
Reserve with OpenTable
Moonshadows is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Big Rock
Description: Oceanside restaurant with breathtaking panoramic views for romantic dining. Our chic nightspot. Serenades by live DJs spinning hot tracks nightly in the Blue Lounge, brims with a vogue, Hollywood-meets-Malibu crowd, indulging in a tranquil, yet hip vibe.
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Platform bed/ lounges for 2, relaxing music, the waves breaking near and sometimes below the restaurant outdoor decks...drinks strong, scallops so delicate...tasty chowder...absolutely perfect. A+ just wonderful!!!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you are a food, go there. I was with a friend and we both had a 3 course meal and we left happier

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I proposed to my wife of 35 years at Moonshadows in Malibu in 1977 and we have been there a few times since, but just recently we returned again to re-celebrate. Whereas the last 5-10 have been rough on the ol joint, it has been totally re-furbished, new menu and the memories returned. There is an outside patio-bar, a small secluded bar area and the main room.

It isn't just "on" the beach, it almost is perched "over" it... great views, excellent service and the menu is an eclectic mix of casual American with great presentation. We had a great specialty wine and desert,,,,, wonderful ambiance...

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had lunch here, and couldn't fault the location, with a great view of the Pacific, the service or the food.
The guy who served us was Italian, and recommended a great bottle of wine, and a great pasta dish, which wasn't on the menu, to go with it.
He also brought me some super olive oil to go with my pasta, and was interested in us, and making sure we had a great experience.
Over all thought it was great value for money, especially as the view and location are priceless in themselves.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I went here for lunch some months ago. Very, very disappointed!
The service was very uninterested and the food was of a very poor quality. The only nice thing about this place is the location (on PCH) and the view. But if you want to have a nice meal, you'd better drive a little bot furthur down PCH to go to maybe Duke's or Nobu..

2  Thank Mike S
moonshadowsmalibu, Manager at Moonshadows, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your
concerns during your last visit here at Moonshadows.

I am very disappointed to hear that we were not able to provide you with a great dining experience.
Our goal is to exceed guests expectations and I am sorry to hear
that we weren't able to do that.
I would like to speak with you concerning your time here, so we can improve on the issues you mentioned.
Please call at your earliest convenience, you can reach us at 310.456.3010 and ask for
Chris or Alessandro. If you prefer email at;