“Excellent Fitness Programs in Lovely Locale”
Review of Wellfit Malibu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malibu
Wellfit Malibu
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I went to Fitness Ridge in Malibu to "re-program" myself and get out of a 2-year-long rut of bad habits - eating too much, drinking too much (great) wine, exercising too little. And it sure worked for me.

This isn't a "luxury" resort. As the branding with the TV show indicates, it's a fitness camp focused on healthy eating and exercise. I've been home for a month now, and I'm pleased to report success with kick-starting my own daily fitness program, thanks to Fitness Ridge.

The onsite staff in Malibu is terrific. They are skilled, experienced, empathetic, and dedicated to their guests. When I made special requests, everyone was extraordinarily accommodating. The campus is up in the Malibu hills, shaded by oaks, and nicely landscaped. The buildings, including the modular guest cabins, are utilitarian, but they are perfectly functional, very clean, and well-supplied.

Again, the focus is fitness, not luxury. The food is tasty and well-prepared. The resort-priced massages were some of the best I've ever had, and the salon services were expert too.

Many guests stay for months, on the way to losing hundreds of pounds, while many others stay for only a week or two, in order to regain their self-discipline, with the help of the accomplished staff.

Room Tip: Specify a "quiet" room when making your reservation.