“Great food - nice, laid back atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 52 things to do in Malibu
Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great food - nice, laid back atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a relaxed restaurant right on the beach in Malibu. I've gone here for brunch as well as for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. It's casual and the food is good - and it's literally right on the beach so you get to see the surfers catching waves as you eat. Highly recommended! (As a matter of fact, I might go there now - my husband and I are just discussing our brunch options for today...)

Visited November 2012
1 Thank RebeccaHill_inLA

Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Food with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Found this place by accident and so glad we did. The menu is extensive and the portions Huge! The chef was able to help with my gluten free requirements, no trouble at all. The location is great but if you want a table outside be prepared to wait. Get your parking ticket validated before leaving.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Drennan2
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rip off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

To avoid the $40 parking fee, you can eat at restaurant to validate parking. Avoid French fries with any meals at all costs. Dripping with oil....yuck! Way overpriced.

Nice beach. A lot of drinking since you can BYOB. A lot of obnoxious birds on beach and all over water during bait fish season. I just don't feel it's right to charge so much to visit Mother Nature. Always thought public access was the law, but they will charge you just to walk in. Just not right! Otherwise, one of the best swimming beaches I have been to. Went as a kid before it became so commercialized.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank scubadiva2125
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“If you see the sign, GO IN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The parking may be $30 and the food may be pricey BUT you don't have to eat there. This is a beautiful place, I was really iffy of going because of what the reviews here say bit these $30 were worth it. We where here for 5 hours, we brought our own beer and just drank the day way. My son and I got in the smeared, beautiful! NO rocks! And no crazy waves, they were smooth. We even took pictures under the pier and walked along the coastline and it was beautiful! They even have beds for you to tan on. Wow! The most you will spend here if you bring your own food and drinks is the parking ticket. Definitely a must!

P.s. there are lots of seagulls, dthey make it lovely.

1 Thank Graice C
Ferrara, Italy
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“How a beautiful place became a tourist trap.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I visited Paradise Cove as one of the places we went to in a trip down Memory Lane, as he grew up in L.A. and that's a beach where he often went as a child/teenage. What a letdown. A beautiful place that has been transformed into a tourist trap: a restaurant/cafe built right on the beach, chairs, umbrellas, $40 to park ($20 for walk-ins), $20 for two beers. How to spoil beautiful memories...

Visited August 2013