“Fun laid back place in Malibu”
Review of Cafe Habana Malibu

Cafe Habana Malibu
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Habana Malibu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Coast Hig
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great place to Hae a nice meal before or after your shopping day. Nice to tap it all off with a Casamigos Tequila.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Great drinks - margaritas and mojitos were fantastic. Highly recommend the plantains - some of the best we've ever had. Fish tacos were great.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Food is occasionally above average. For sure, stick to only Mexican food. The corn on the cob is the way to go. I could eat six of them. Loud music, bar scene, very commercial.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We were told this was a "must do" place for dining. The food was excellent although pricy (ie a side of guac was 9$). That said: everything was excellently spiced and prepared. The child rellano is delightful and not fried. My teens had a carne asada burrito that they thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband took me to this quaint restaurant on our way to our hotel after picking me up at LAX. Their website said they were open until 1:00 a.m., so we figured there would be no issue with getting a late night bite after my cross-country trip. We arrived around 11:00 and it was difficult to find their parking area across from Malibu Country Market. But we drove around the back and parked and walked to the entrance across another small parking area. Two hostesses greeted us but told us the kitchen was closed. When we explained what their website said, they checked with a manager for approval to allow us in to eat, although we saw the patio area was still full of diners. I was grateful that they allowed us to enter as I was famished from my trip and really wanted to try this place.

We were seated at a banquette on the patio and I enjoyed the laid back feel of the place. We ordered the grilled corn appetizer, along with the complimentary chips and salsa. The appetizer is a delicious grilled corn, light cojita cheese mixture that had a wonderful flavor and texture. My margarita was a perfect balance of tequila and tartness. I ordered the fish tacos as a main entree' with a side of roasted plantains. The fish tacos were some of the best I've tasted. The mahi was substantial and grilled perfectly, not at all mushy, which is usually an issue for me, but not here. The accompanying chipotle cream and slaw were just enough and not too overwhelming for the fish. Loved them and want more in the future. The plantains were also roasted and seasoned perfectly.

Wait staff was pleasant and attentive. Will happily go back to this location when in the area.