TripAdvisor

from $395.00
More Info
from $895.00
More Info
All reviews wine tasting reserve a table bring food cheese and crackers parking lot winery weekends wineries saddle camel zebra
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2014

Really nice selection of bruts and champagne-style wines, especially sparkling chardonnay (blanc-de-blanc). I didn't get around to trying the others on this visit but I hope to next time I get down that way. Service was very friendly and server was knowledgeable.

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed October 14, 2014

We made the drive up the hills to Malibu Wines. What a great location and the views are endless. Tons of places to sit and enjoy. I can only imagine how busy they are on the weekend. We were there on a Wednesday and it was still fairly busy.

The staff are polite and helpful. We enjoyed our chat with the guy pouring. We each did a flight. I did not really like the wine. I felt it was poor for CA wine - average anywhere else. Disappointing as I would go back for the view if the wine was any better! Would also be nice if they had food or snacks for sale (fruit, crackers, cheese, etc.)

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed September 15, 2014

I liked this place for the atmosphere: great spot for a picnic, live music and relaxing with friends. The wine tasting was okay: I thought the flights were a little boring and overpriced for the wine they serve. In other words, I didn't really care for the wine at this winery. It wasn't BAD, but I didn't want to have seconds or buy any of it. In general, we had a fun day (and it got PACKED as the day went on, so it seems to be popular spot). Not sure I'd be in a hurry to go again with so many fantastic places to check out in Cali. But was glad I went and enjoyed myself. Bottom line: the draw is not the wine, it's the experience and atmosphere of the place itself. In my opinion, of course.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I'm a longtime wine club member and cancelled my wine club membership for two reasons - 1) they no longer donate or discount wine for local non-profits and 2) the ridiculous parking fee that has to be paid to pick-up your wine. I'll stick with Opolo, Four Brix, and a host of other lovely wineries.

Date of experience: August 2014
4  Thank workhardplayharder91
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Had a very enjoyable stop here recently. They are pouring estate and other wines, mostly reds, but a couple great whites. Got a fab non-oaked Chardonnay. The grounds are lovely- but no one under 21. Leave the kids elsewhere is coming for a tasting or event.

Date of experience: July 2014