Beautifully designed rooms: Picture a fireplace in every room; each room with a balcony right overlooking the Pacific and a stunning, white sand beach; a "maxi-bar" stocked with no less than 7 full bottles of different varieties of wine, splits of chilled champagnes, half bottles and liquor/mixers and plenty of sparkling water...even Orangina!
The staff could not be faulted. Eminently polite, perfect demeanor of helpful, nonintrusive warmth; the restaurant in the inn - with inside seating by a fireplace or outdoors with heaters and movable sun umbrellas right overlooking the beach/ocean - was fantastic. The wine offerings delightful; the food options innovative, fresh, and filling.
No pool - but the ocean's right there, and they set up sun lougers on the beach for you.
I am looking for any reason to return here. I stayed with a special rate of 275/night - I think it might be a little more expensive than that without the Pepperdine University Rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast