All reviewscarbon beachocean fronthigh tideoceanfront roomvalet parkingturn down servicesanta monicasound of the wavesworth every pennygas fireplacebeautiful roombalcony doorboutique hotelgreat restaurantthe pacific coast highwayprivate beachmini bar
Reviewed September 18, 2017

From the moment we arrived the staff warmly welcome us from the valet to the check in desk and we just knew that this was going to be a great stay we were a little early so we took a very short walk to the amazing Malibu Pier for a bit of lunch. Upon our return for checkin we got to meet the lovely charming manger Laura Willens this great lady went above and beyond for us and even gave us a nice tour of the grounds as well as our room. The room was amazing so many little touches like binoculars, the Bose wireless speaker, the bed that cradles you for the best sleep, and amazing bathroom that I will just let you experience for yourself. The location of the hotel is perfect a short walk to about anything you need pier, beach, surfing, nobu. The beach is top notch and their beach staff was top notch as well the right mix of attentive and laid back. Another gem of this amazing hotel is its restaurant we only tried breakfast but the flavors and attention to detail was that of any top of the line eatery you could find. I would come here to eat even if I wasn't staying here. We are from the south and visiting the Malibu beach inn was like a little taste of home with the hospitality that the staff showed us the best part of our trip and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2017

This property has the potential to be one of the best ever with the view/location it offers. It is the biggest reason it makes for a great stay. It was definitely a lovely experience and looking out over the water from the balcony was just magical.

Room Tip: If you are a couple, choose a room with a King Bed and a view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Amazing ravioli I've had up to now.
I love Italien food and seafood every time I eat with pleasure and compare with the other restaurant but this Ravioli is very delicious.
My disappointment was in the end when I paid the service I had to pay €4 to where I stood. I don't understanding why I need to pay.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

A luxurious room with wonderful amenities and the joy of sleeping to the sound of waves. And how wonderful to have a fireplace in the room. Definitely want to repeat the experience sometime. Loved it!

Room Tip: Of course, ocean view!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The hotel is as fabulous as it's name implies. Seems that all the rooms have some view of the Ocean and we were lucky enough to view the beach, the Malibu Pier and the surfers on the break beyond. Very cool!! Very expensive but somehow value for money. Also an excellent bar and restaurant. Even the breakfast people got around to doing their job once they'd come awake. We were there about 9 so our server must have had a hard night. It worked out. The hotel has these japanese toilettes that are also bidets and have heated seats. Now they may be a great invention but when the thing decides to shower your bum of its' own accord at 3AM and you are jet-lagged and you cannot shut it off this is the thing that comedy scripts are made of

Room Tip: Be sure to secure a room on at least the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple