“We want to go back!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Malibu
Bangor, Maine
“We want to go back!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at The Malibu Inn for the week of Aug 5-9 and had a great time. The Inn is beautiful, right on the water and the staff was excellent as well. Our King room was very nice, fire place, balcony facing the pier, nice comfortable bed, the only slight drawback was what others have mentioned before about the highway noise from the PCH if you get a room on the side as ours was. The noise was only an issue when we were on the balcony so if your concerned with that I would book an ocean facing front room. The restaurant was wonderful and every meal we had there was delicious with great service. Sitting out on the deck and watching the ocean is just beautiful. We even saw dolphins one morning while we ate. You can eat breakfast and walk right off the deck and on to the beach. The Spa was wonderful as well. I would highly recommend Malibu Beach Inn and hope to go back someday.

Room Tip: Choose Ocean front for less highway noise from the balcony,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor! It warms our hearts to know that you had such a lovely time that you're ready to return already! We're so pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and that the dolphins came out to say hello too...that's always such a treat! We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Malibu soon. - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Spring City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I spent 3 days at the hotel and I felt so refreshed and well cared for. The Inn is located on the beach and we had a beachfront room. The sound of the waves and birds was so relaxing. They have private balconies in each room. The hotel restaurant is 4 star quality and the specials of the day are wonderful. There is outdoor and indoor seating. The staff were very helpful and gracious. You can also enjoy your morning coffee by the living room style common room that has a fireplace and surfing video. I just loved being able to walk outside along the beach. There is a nearby pier that was fun to walk along as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We're absolutely delighted that your stay was relaxing and refreshing. and so very grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us. It's great to hear that you were able to take full advantage of the location by enjoying the waves, the views and of course, the beach! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. - The Malibu Beach Inn Team
Pacific Palisades, California, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I live pretty close to Malibu, but my husband is ill and we can't travel far. What I wanted was a hotel room that was really close to the shore. I looked in Santa Monica and Marina Del Mar, and elsewhere in Malibu. This was the closest you can get to the ocean. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Everything was nice, but the service could have been more welcoming. The valet guys were nice. The front desk clerk wasn't. He argued with us about the handicap parking fee (which should be none), and just didn't make us feel all that welcome.
The room made up for everything. It is cozy and comfortable. The balcony is very private but your view is of the water, the shore, the Malibu pier. It's just wonderfully appointed. Luckily we didn't want to do anything, so the staff question wasn't too annoying. when I called the desk to ask about a restaurant, she should have told me it was closed. And when I asked about the turn down service they had touted so highly, (and during which they take the coffee maker out of hiding) and why no one had appeared yet, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. The person's English didn't seem too precise. Overall, I was impressed with the room, but for the money they charge, the service could have been a little more hospitable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judy S
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and we're grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us. We always appreciate the opportunity to receive feedback from our guests, as we utilize it to improve our service.

We will investigate the challenges you experienced and ensure we rectify the issues in a timely manner. We do hope that we'll have the opportunity to ensure you have a much better experience in the future.

If you would like to join us again, please contact our General Manager, Jill Jennings, who will gladly make your reservation and ensure you have a wonderful experience. You may reach her directly at 310.456.6444. Again, our sincere thanks. - The Malibu Beach Inn Team
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Malibu Beach Inn August 4-7 and enjoyed our stay immensely! The staff were extremely friendly, the restaurant was wonderful, and the rooms far exceeded expectations! We can not wait for a return visit to the Malibu Beach Inn soon!

Room Tip: The King partial ocean view was quite spacious! Room for two adults and two children. (Has a sofa sl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your enthusiasm on TripAdvisor! We're so delighted to hear that everything met or exceeded your expectations and that you and your family enjoyed your stay immensely! We truly appreciate your kind and generous review, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights and I wish it could have been longer. I absolutely loved the hotel and the staff they were very helpful. I love the fact that you are right at the beach. I felt like I was in a dream - I wish I could stay here forever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your short and very sweet review of your time at Malibu Beach Inn! We are so grateful for your kind words, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team
Glasgow
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Arrived yet again to the view obscured a little by cloud, guess this is what happens summertime in California. The inn is just past Malibu pier, right on the beach, I do not think I have stayed closer to the sea before.
This is a high end establishment, from valet parking to reception you are treated extremely well; although I felt $27 was a bit steep for parking overnight.
At reception there are cookies, coffee and fruit waiting for you.
The dining area and bar run off reception and almost into the sea; all very comfortable and clean.
We were given a lovely room on the first floor. It had a balcony over looking the end of the outdoor dining area and onto the beautiful sea, with the pier bookending the view.
During our stay we watched dolphins make their way along the coast.
The room was of a high standard, well decorated with a collection of Hockney style prints; you know the swimming pool and deckchair stuff.
Although everything about the room was lovely you could hear a little noise from the Pacific Coast Highway.
Also the room contained Molten Brown products, which my wife loved.
As well as the usual freebies there was a large selection of stuff for sale, this combined with the mini bar and snack price-list did give a slight retail edge.
I realise this would suit most people; but I am not a big fan.
We had made reservations for the inn's restaurant. We were treated courteously
on arrival, placed by a window seat, asked to look at the menu and offered a perfect outdoor table a few minutes later when it became available.
This was a lovely romantic meal for two, candlelit and overlooking the ocean.
We ordered starters, mains and a bottle of red wine. My wife started with the Mexican shrimp, while I had the oysters; which were a little on the small side. I followed with the sea bass which was really good and my wife went with the special pasta seafood dish.
We slept well listening to the crash and pounding of the sea almost at our feet.
The next morning two unbidden papers were waiting for me outside the door, one local and one from my home country; a lovely touch.

All in all a relaxing stay in a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Think they all have sea view though you might want to be away from the restaurant terrace.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Malibu Beach Inn during your recent visit to California! We're so appreciative of you sharing your experience with us. From dolphin watching to a romantic dinner for two, it sounds like your stay was a wonderful and memorable one. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you both back soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We really enjoyed the 3 nights we stayed at the Malibu Beach Inn. Rooms were nice, food was good, view was fabulous. Rates went up considerably on weekend, and crowd in restaurant/bar was quite rowdy on the weekend. But overall, we enjoyed our stay. Staff was very attentive.

Room Tip: You want a room facing the ocean, not off to the side. Views are much better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Malibu Beach Inn! We're very appreciative of your feedback and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many things about your time with us! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malibu
Shore Hotel
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Shutters on the Beach
Shutters on the Beach
#4 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to Malibu Beach Inn? Share your experiences!