“Beautiful breath taking”
Review of Malibu Beach Inn

Malibu Beach Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Malibu
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights and I wish it could have been longer. I absolutely loved the hotel and the staff they were very helpful. I love the fact that you are right at the beach. I felt like I was in a dream - I wish I could stay here forever.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your short and very sweet review of your time at Malibu Beach Inn! We are so grateful for your kind words, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Arrived yet again to the view obscured a little by cloud, guess this is what happens summertime in California. The inn is just past Malibu pier, right on the beach, I do not think I have stayed closer to the sea before.
This is a high end establishment, from valet parking to reception you are treated extremely well; although I felt $27 was a bit steep for parking overnight.
At reception there are cookies, coffee and fruit waiting for you.
The dining area and bar run off reception and almost into the sea; all very comfortable and clean.
We were given a lovely room on the first floor. It had a balcony over looking the end of the outdoor dining area and onto the beautiful sea, with the pier bookending the view.
During our stay we watched dolphins make their way along the coast.
The room was of a high standard, well decorated with a collection of Hockney style prints; you know the swimming pool and deckchair stuff.
Although everything about the room was lovely you could hear a little noise from the Pacific Coast Highway.
Also the room contained Molten Brown products, which my wife loved.
As well as the usual freebies there was a large selection of stuff for sale, this combined with the mini bar and snack price-list did give a slight retail edge.
I realise this would suit most people; but I am not a big fan.
We had made reservations for the inn's restaurant. We were treated courteously
on arrival, placed by a window seat, asked to look at the menu and offered a perfect outdoor table a few minutes later when it became available.
This was a lovely romantic meal for two, candlelit and overlooking the ocean.
We ordered starters, mains and a bottle of red wine. My wife started with the Mexican shrimp, while I had the oysters; which were a little on the small side. I followed with the sea bass which was really good and my wife went with the special pasta seafood dish.
We slept well listening to the crash and pounding of the sea almost at our feet.
The next morning two unbidden papers were waiting for me outside the door, one local and one from my home country; a lovely touch.

All in all a relaxing stay in a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Think they all have sea view though you might want to be away from the restaurant terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Malibu Beach Inn during your recent visit to California! We're so appreciative of you sharing your experience with us. From dolphin watching to a romantic dinner for two, it sounds like your stay was a wonderful and memorable one. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you both back soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We really enjoyed the 3 nights we stayed at the Malibu Beach Inn. Rooms were nice, food was good, view was fabulous. Rates went up considerably on weekend, and crowd in restaurant/bar was quite rowdy on the weekend. But overall, we enjoyed our stay. Staff was very attentive.

Room Tip: You want a room facing the ocean, not off to the side. Views are much better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Malibu Beach Inn! We're very appreciative of your feedback and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many things about your time with us! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed July 26, 2013

When you first see the location of the MBI hard up against the Pacific Coast Highway and on a very small beach, you might have reason to wonder about the reviews and the prices. However, the Malibu Beach Inn is both an excellent hotel and a great location.

We had a pier view suite, so while we did se a little of the parking, we also had a fantastic view of the ocean, the Maibu fishing pier and the cliff top homes to the west. Valet parking was very fast and friendly. The fresh fruit infused water and cookies in the lobby were a nice touch. The common space is very small (reception and a bar/lounge sharing a small space in the entrance area. Exceptionally friendly and very competent people there.

The restaurant is good for dinner, no doubt. However, where the terrace really excels is in the morning for breakfast in an amazing setting. Fabulous to start our days there with cooked to order breakfasts and some of the very best coffee I have had in the US. ( Cappucino or un creme in the US tend to disappoint, not here.)

The beach service was very good as well. Towels, loungers let you enoy the beach among the boulders or head down under the pier to the surf or swim beaches by the lagoon. Nearby is the Malibu Market or just across from the pier is the storied Malibu Inn for some food and drinks. I will review it seperately, but it is a slightly more rowdy, but still fun place.

If you keep your eyes open, you may well see a well known face or two at the Malibu Beach Inn. We saw several enjoying breakfast on the weekend and our two boys chatted on the beach with a fellow hotel guest they are big fans of in the sports field. The pics will be treasured by them for a long time.

I was very impressed with the service, quality of the rooms ( the gas fire was nice in the evening), amenities and atmosphere. Go, enjoy.

Room Tip: Beach front left or right of the terrace if you want more privacy. Pier view suites are large and c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful pier view, some relaxation on the beach, the food (and coffee!) at Carbon Beach Club and many fun and unexpected "perks" as well. We appreciate your very kind sentiments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again in the future. - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Right on the beach. High end accommodation, not cheap but well worth the stay for a time-out when traveling around. Rooms were magnificent and the outside dining area anytime of the day was stunning, right over the water

Room Tip: We booked a corner room with a view of the pier. It was what it offered, but also we were right abo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki R
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Malibu Beach Inn! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was an absolute pleasure to serve you and we look forward to the opportunity to see you again soon! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night during our tour of L.A. This place is awesome! Every room has an ocean view and it was so relaxing to sleep and wake up to the sound of the waves in the morning. This is a very nice and luxurious boutique hotel and I am glad we had the opportunity to stay here. You can lay out and walk along the beach and it's great to have a meal out on the deck of their restaurant. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any couple celebrating a special occasion or wanting a romantic feel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mieke82
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you so much sharing your experience of your recent stay at Malibu Beach Inn! It was a pleasure to host you and yoru husband, and we're so happy to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy everything we have to offer. We hope to see you again in the future! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I live in Malibu part of the year. I just discovered that you don't have to stay at Malibu Beach Inn to eat at their restaurant. My girlfriend and I made a reservation for lunch. Fabulous ! Lovely beach front deck with a view of Malibu Pier. They also have an inside dining area. Very casual, intimate and lovely environment. The food was good, a bit expensive but not outrageous considering it's Malibu and the location. This will be one of my new go-to restaurants when guests are in town. I recommend making a reservation (not just showing up). Valet parking was free with validation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank OgoCinco
malibubeachinn, Guest Relations Manager at Malibu Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

We're so glad to hear that you "discovered" our on-site restaurant, Carbon Beach Club! It's always a joy to welcome our Malibu neighbors. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal and your time on property, and we're so grateful to receive such glowing feedback. It was an absolute pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to many return visits in the future! - The Malibu Beach Inn Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malibu
Shore Hotel
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Viceroy Santa Monica
Viceroy Santa Monica
#9 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to Malibu Beach Inn? Share your experiences!