“Best Hotels for Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Madera
Livermore, California
“Best Hotels for Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

These hotels are the cleanest and have the nicest staff that we have used! We recommend the Hilton Honors Program to anyone who travels whether business or pleasure. The breakfast was very nice and hot which most hotels do not offer. The room was clean, quiet and the bed comfortable. Those 4 items are what we look for in a room. If you are going to Yosemite this is a good place to stay it is approx. an hour and half away!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

D1alexander, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Madera, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to do a nice review on our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This Hampton Inn is an excellent choice for an overnight stay while on a roadtrip. The hotel is near Fresno but is much cheaper than the Fresno area hotels. The Hampton Inn is very nice and recently constructed in a new area under development. There are no restaurants surrounding this hotel, yet, but there are numerous dining choices just a few miles south at the next Interstate exit. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and fresh smelling. Very nice equipment in the exercise room. Good choices at the morning breakfast buffet.

• 5 of 5 stars
D1alexander, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Madera, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thanks for a great review on our hotel. We happy to hear that enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon again! Love Having you Here At the Hampton Inn & Suites, Madera!!!!
Newhall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Hotel is somewhat isolated requiring a drive to restaurants. The one we choose (Sal's Mexican) was excellent but two miles away. The hotel itself was very clean although there was an "agricultural" smell in the corridors. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was ample and very good. Staff were great. We had a very difficult problem with a faulty shower head which we did not discover until late. Reported to front desk on the way out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

D1alexander, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Madera, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thanks for the review. I am so very sorry that the shower head was not in working order.We replaced it right away. I am sorry about that, but glad the rest of the stay was good. Thanks for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites Madera.
Arcadia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am a prison ministry volunteer so I needed a hotel near Chowchilla, where there are two correctional institutions. It is about a 20 min. drive from Madera to Chowchilla, and about an hour's drive north from the Fresno Air Terminal (FAT). This Hampton Inn can be seen as you drive on the 99 Freeway, so it is easy on-easy off. Since I frequently stay at Hampton Inns, staying here seemed to be a logical choice, and I am glad that I did.

The breakfast staff were "johnny on the spot" with maintaining a full complement of the offerings, and helpful when I needed assistance with the waffle machine. There were several families I encountered who were on their way to Bass Lake or Yosemite National Park.

The front desk staff were also helpful. Since all restaurants require a drive, they gave me a sheet listing possibilities, including how far away each was and contact information. I met some Fresno friends at Edgar's Italian Restaurant and appreciated this suggestion.

There is a small fitness center with 2 treadmills and an exercycle. One gains access using the room card key. I also used the 24-hour Business Center to print out my boarding pass. Again, I needed assistance, and the front desk receptionist was glad to help me with the printer. While there is a pool, it is outdoor and I did not use it.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for the review and glad that you had a great stay at our hotel. We strive to make everyone stay a happy one. Hope to see you soon! thanks for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites. Madera
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Each and every staff member had excellent customer service skills and were very friendly. Room was perfect! Bed was very comfortable!! Slept very well! Breakfast was awesome. If you went away hungry.. it would be your fault! Loved the warm cookies in the evening! Thank you so much for an outstanding experience! CW

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

D1alexander, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Madera, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the breakfast and the service. I will have some one check the Air cond. in the rooms. I am sorry about that. We do not like to hear that you where not comfortablein the room. But we do hope to see you again real soon. We enjoy having you here.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very satisfied overall. Very nice breakfast which is served longer than most and replenished quickly as needed. A/C could have been improved - room goes from warm to blasting cool air until cold, then goes off again until getting too warm where cycle continues.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

So happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and can not wait to see you again.
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

From personal experiences, I have favored the Hampton Inn franchise for its quality, presentation and ambiance, and I thought you couldn't go wrong with this franchise. I never had a bad experience, until I made a brief 1hr stay at the Hampton Inn on 3254 Airport Dr. Madera, CA.

Here's the issue.

The gentleman working behind the counter was nice, and the room was beautiful with a nice Jacuzzi; however, that soon changed when I noticed a bug in the Jacuzzi. Looked like a small roach, but didn't think much of it at the time until I found some more on the couch, table, floor and walls. I gathered up the ones I could find in a cup for the hotel staff to see.

I contacted the front desk. I asked him if there were any other rooms that they could put my wife and 2 kids into; however, this was the last room. I also asked if there was another Hampton Inn they could put us in; however, after he spoke to his manager, he stated that they could only discount our room $20 and could not provide another room as they were booked. He stated that they couldn't send me to another Hampton Inn either, as they normally did not do that. I then asked for a refund, as I did not want to bring these bugs home with us.

Sitting in the parking lot, my wife and I decided to either find a hotel in the area close to midnight or go home which was 2.5 hrs. away. We decided to find a another room in the area. We found another hotel an exit away.

To make a long story short, I just felt inconvenienced by not having any other options to send us to another hotel, but only to provide a discount of $20 or provide a refund.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank David A
D1alexander, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Madera, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
I do apolgize to strongly for the bad stay you had for us! unfortunately with the constrution going on all around us we have encountered these bugs. For sure they are not roaches! For we have a bug control man that comes out every week. We are trying are hardest to put this matter to rest. Of course we do not want these as much as our guest do not want them. We are sorry!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madera
SpringHill Suites Madera
3.5 of 5 stars 85 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno
Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Madera? Share your experiences!