“Traveling to Yosemite”

Sal's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Madera
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: We are a family owned restaurant offering diners warm hospitality and mouth-watering cuisine that will be remembered! Additional services include take out, off-site buffet catering, party trays, and casseroles - even handmade Tamales! Our Madera location is also proud to announce the addition of our banquet room that seats up to 120 guests. We hope you will join us today!
Hinton, Oklahoma
“Traveling to Yosemite”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped here on our way to Yosemite. We are from Oklahoma, so had never eaten here before. Stopped because we just looked up Mexican Restaurant in the area and it had mostly good reviews. We were here at suppertime, so had a little bit of a wait outside. The place was packed, so you know that generally means it is good. We did not have any problems with the service or the food, everything we ordered was very tasty. Good value also. Would definitely eat here again if we were in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BethP425

Carnelian Bay, Ca
“Busy early on a Friday.....”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went in with friends who live there about 5:45 pm and the place was packed. Waited about 15 minutes for a booth. Chips and salsa are excellent. My short rib burrito was very good, unique option to available most places, and served for lunch the next day as well. One friend's chili colorado burrito was declared good. The other had shredded beef enchiladas with rice and beans. She liked it, but pointed out the pools of oil surrounding. All in all, a local favorite, you just need to figure out which dishes work for you.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank roamingnoni
Madera, California
“Best in Madera”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for traditional Mexican food at a good price then Sal's is the place for you. The shrimp on the specials is a real treat but I more often stick to my standby, the Chimichanga. Filled with your choice of meat and then deep fried and covered with sour cream and guacamole, this dish will never disappoint.

Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,216 helpful votes
“5 de Mayo. ”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

This is not my first time here, and that is why I am now rating it, after like 7 times eating here not by my choice but friends who actually like the chips and salsa, so to be honest it's not that great and the service is best from the buser than by the waitresses, I'm not sure if is because of the general thing about Mexicans don't tip well, which on my part just don't apply at all, good service always gets from me at least 25-30% tip but here I just didn't feel welcome, the food is just OK and if you order tacos of any kind make sure to check again because I got more cabbage than meat or fish, totally not work paying something you don't get. Anyway the only good thing are the chips and salsa.

1 Thank MONTYHADES
Madera, California
“Good”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good Mexican food, good chips and salsa. Their chili colorado burrito is really, really good. Great atmosphere

• Visited April 2014

Been to Sal's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!