Knights Inn Madera
Motel 6
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Madera)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm used to down pillows, so the pillows left a lot to be desired. The lobby is very small and did not provide much room to have the Continental breakfast. Also, some protein in the Continental breakfast would have been nice. On the last night of our four-night stay, the room above us had an all-night party. We did not get any sleep at all, and we had to ride (on our motorcycle) 900 miles back home the next day. We were not happy. We made two calls in the middle of the night to the manager, and he tried, but to no avail. The manager was very kind and refunded our last night stay when we checked out. I realize that it was not his fault. Other than that night, the stay was pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda E
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Okay, I just needed a place to spend the night after a long day but good grief. The room is very average, the beds basic motel beds (not very comfortable) and the room had a funny smell, the hinges on the bathroom door were very rusty and the bathroom needed some touchups (could use a coat of paint too) but the worst part was other guests or whomever they were. I think one room was having a party (lots of coming and going so I will be optimistic and think it was a party) one guy sat in his truck with the radio blasting with mostly the base and he later left so I don't even think he was staying here. Another car came and sat in the parking lot for 1/2 an hour with people in it and they never got out and then finally left. Two kids, one around 3 and the other 5 were playing out in the parking lot with no adult near and later the 5 ish year old boy was riding around my car on a scooter (the kind you push with one foot to make it go) when it was one of 5 cars in the whole parking lot. His sister ran into our room door and I guess bounced off. Oh but wait, after 10pm some heavy duty truck kept backing up with the beeping signal then then there were more loud people in the parking lot. At 4 am some workers came in and needed to wind down so they stood out by their truck in front of our room talking, laughing and loudly unloading things. Didn't seem to have any security here. I won't be staying here again. Run away!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Staying at this motel was an absolute delight. If you're looking for luxury, you won't have that. But for my dog and me, it was just perfect. There's a fridge, microwave, coffee maker in the room, plus continental breakfast. Everyone I came in contact with from Jerri in cleaning services to the manager, Peter, people in the office or answering the phone could not have been more helpful and gracious. It's close to the 99 highway, but my room was very quiet. It's a great value. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Judith H.