“Nice Ranch...Average experience”

$72.77*
and up
2-Hour Horseback Ride in Kananaskis with Optional Lunch
More attraction details
Owner description: Ideally located in the spectacular natural beauty of Kananaskis Valley, Boundary Ranch is the perfect setting to discover the authentic cowboy experience and Western hospitality. Folks are invited to spend time at our Western Entertainment Centre and participate in horseback riding and outfitting trips, barbeques, horse-drawn wagon rides, and any number of the other activities that we offer for cowpokes of all ages. Happy Trails!
McKinney, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Ranch...Average experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We hustled up to BR from Canmore for a 2 hour horseback ride & steak lunch package. The scenery is great but we only made 1 stop for photos. Horses are well kept and our guide was lovely. The ranch is neat, clean and well maintained but there seems to be a lack of attention to the experience. We found this to be epidemic in the Canmore/Banff area as the temporary help from Australia & elsewhere seem to run the businesses in a sophomoric manner. It's almost like the owners are totally unaware of the power of word of mouth via the WWW. Don't bother getting the lunch package or do the math and order off the menu instead but don't expect much. This is a ranch with a kitchen not the other way around.

Visited August 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Great ... Family Freindly”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Safe and fun for the whole family. What a beautiful way to see some of K-Country. Worth the drive out for an afternoon. Good service, knowledgable staff.

Visited July 2013
Calgary, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 231 helpful votes
“Boundary Ranch restaurant.Poor!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Awful ,slow service, by a somewhat unengaged staff. Food very mediocre. Saving grace: great location.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sunlover57
Adelaide, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“My ride there was handled well.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had spent some time looking for a suitable ride for an experienced horse rider/owner, and I just gave up. In the whole Banff/area, I just could not get what I wanted....a half day, real ride, on a good horse, traversing exciting terrain, with some fast work. I settled for a short walk around the farm with Boundary ranch, with a bunch of beginners.

My experience was that the horses were all suitable, the guides somewhat capable, though I suspect not very experienced, and I did overhear guides chatting suggesting they were essentially passing through.

I guess a good horse riding experience is always problematical, but a rank beginner, totally safe experience is the bottom line that should be able to be delivered safely.

Visited May 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unsafe, unprofessional, unfriendly”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and her friend, both experienced riders took me to this ranch as a surprise for my first horseride. Our group was of 8 people, most of them first timers and as we were given the instructions (how to turn left, right, stop and thats it) we witnessed the guide taming his horse rodeo style, which was not reassuring. The trail was beautiful but most of the two hours are in narrow woods, without views and a hard, complicated trail, hard for rookies... I often felt unsafe on the horse. After 1.5 hours, one of the guide's horses gets spooked causing most of the horses to bolt, mine included. Eventually as my horse was racing in the woods I fell off and the rest of the horses nearly ran me over, I was very lucky to be able to roll off the trail without serious harm -or even dying-. My trail ride ended up in a walking clinic in canmore and thankfully it was only bruises all over and a spraint finger. This was a truly awful experience. The veteran riders in my group assured the guide's horses were green, we were not provided with a helmet or proper instructions and after the incident, not only I did not get an apology but one of the guides - more cowboys than guides really- afforded the luxury of telling me "that's what you get for playing with animals". I most definitely would not recommend this ranch to anybody in general, but if you're inexperienced or you bring children is a must avoid. I will not ride again after this experience and nor is my wife, that's how bad it was.

Visited June 2013