“Terrible food”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the Delta Hotel
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I read the menu online and the way they described everything sounded so good. I thought that because of the high price tag, the food would reflect that. Was I ever wrong!! I was under the impression that they prided themselves on fresh quality food. The chicken breast was frozen and packed full of sodium, the fries were from a package, the fish was extremely greasy and the Cobb salad was all lettuce besides one cherry tomato cut in half. Shame on the chef who feels good about serving this food with such a high price tag. The only positive about this restaurant is the service.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I have been infrequent regulars at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis for about 20 years. Brunch has changed and not for the better; the choices are fewer and the price seems to be the same at $32.00. Now you are paying for the location, not the meal. The quality is as good as ever and one can certainly eat one's fill; however a wider choice of the less frequently found dishes was the key attraction and one of the reasons for our visit. Our choice of wine was not available, so a satisfactory substitute was offered. However brunch is no longer a 'destination' meal for a drive out from Calgary. We chose to eat inside, it was cool and windy, but the patio was open and busy; a better location for waitperson service than the walk to the buffet.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and I had occassion to have dinner in this restuarant during our stay at the Kananaskis Dela Lodge. They seem to have revamped the menu for the btter. The food was quite good. My wife has the halibut, while I had the stuffed chicken. In both cases it cam with easonal veggies and potatoes. We foumd it very tasty. The dessert we had was Strawberries Romanov. Execellant choice. We would recommend this restuarant if you are a guest in the hotel. Just be aware you should mak a reservation or you may end up waiting. They also do NOT take reservations for breakfast.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on a sunday for buffet. Seafood was good but sparse and buffet was pricy....32 dollars. Waitress was fantastic. Not a place to take kids because of price.

1  Thank vern p
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The location of this restaurant is majestic . We were looking forward to try the Sunday brunch which didn't live up to expectations. Given the option again we should have gone a bit earlier as they offer a breakfast buffet in the morning. After noon they offer all the breakfast items along with several lunch dishes. We stuck to the breakfast items and paid the brunch price .... mistake. There was a decent selection, however, the English muffin and eggs were "hard" from the eggs benny, along with the Belgian waffles and French toast. It appeared they moved the items over from the earlier breakfast. The staff was friendly and the omelette was fresh and tasty, however, for $32 per person I would expect a higher quality of food. I am hoping that this review is read by restaurant management. Great food should accompany the price and venue.