“Disappointing Brunch”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the Delta Hotel
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I have been infrequent regulars at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis for about 20 years. Brunch has changed and not for the better; the choices are fewer and the price seems to be the same at $32.00. Now you are paying for the location, not the meal. The quality is as good as ever and one can certainly eat one's fill; however a wider choice of the less frequently found dishes was the key attraction and one of the reasons for our visit. Our choice of wine was not available, so a satisfactory substitute was offered. However brunch is no longer a 'destination' meal for a drive out from Calgary. We chose to eat inside, it was cool and windy, but the patio was open and busy; a better location for waitperson service than the walk to the buffet.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and I had occassion to have dinner in this restuarant during our stay at the Kananaskis Dela Lodge. They seem to have revamped the menu for the btter. The food was quite good. My wife has the halibut, while I had the stuffed chicken. In both cases it cam with easonal veggies and potatoes. We foumd it very tasty. The dessert we had was Strawberries Romanov. Execellant choice. We would recommend this restuarant if you are a guest in the hotel. Just be aware you should mak a reservation or you may end up waiting. They also do NOT take reservations for breakfast.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on a sunday for buffet. Seafood was good but sparse and buffet was pricy....32 dollars. Waitress was fantastic. Not a place to take kids because of price.

1  Thank vern p
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The location of this restaurant is majestic . We were looking forward to try the Sunday brunch which didn't live up to expectations. Given the option again we should have gone a bit earlier as they offer a breakfast buffet in the morning. After noon they offer all the breakfast items along with several lunch dishes. We stuck to the breakfast items and paid the brunch price .... mistake. There was a decent selection, however, the English muffin and eggs were "hard" from the eggs benny, along with the Belgian waffles and French toast. It appeared they moved the items over from the earlier breakfast. The staff was friendly and the omelette was fresh and tasty, however, for $32 per person I would expect a higher quality of food. I am hoping that this review is read by restaurant management. Great food should accompany the price and venue.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

When you stay at the Delta in Kananaskis you don't have many choices for dinner. There is the Fireweed Grill, Grappa, which I believe has the same menu, and a couple of pubs.

We had a group of 10 people and while the service was good, the food was of poor quality. I had the duck spring rolls - not bad, but on the greasy side and the seafood stew. Apparently this dish is quite popular, as was told to me by the server. The tomato broth of the stew was extremely salty - so much so that I had to drink water all night to get rehydrated. My colleague had the tomato soup, which had the exact same tomato base - extremely salty and hot much flavor. She wanted a vegetarian meal which the restaurant seemed hard pressed to provide. In the end she had a salad which was mostly just lettuce - very uninspiring! I did not hear anyone rave about their meal.

The pricing of the food does not reflect the quality (e.g., the pricing is much higher than the quality you get).

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant, however, as noted above, there aren't many choices.