When we first got there, they had our room reservation wrong (two queen sized beds instead of one king sized), but within a minute they had it sorted out and they got us the right room. All the staff were all very nice and helpful.
The room itself was beautiful and had everything we needed. The bed was quite comfortable - it was slightly firm for me but I think I like a softer bed than the average person so most people would probably really like the beds here. The only slight problem we had with the room was that my boyfriend is very tall (6'6") and found the shower to be too small. Normally he has to sort of crouch down to get his head wet under most normal showers, but since the space for the shower was quite small, this was a bit awkward for him. For me it was just fine.
We had dinner at the steakhouse restaurant that was in our building. I'd recommend that you make a reservation even though we made it in without one. It was fantastic food. There was a live piano player providing soft music. It was really a perfect part of our romantic evening.
The continental breakfast that was included with our stay was really good too. Nice moist banana bread. Sweet and delicious cinnamon buds. Good coffee. Fresh fruit. They had everything you could want.
The hot tub felt really nice. I think it's salt water instead of chlorine so it was really nice on the skin. It was nice that you could sit in the hot tub either inside or outside depending on how you felt. The regular pool looked very nice as well though I didn't actually go in it.
I didn't actually do any shopping while we were there but I was surprised at how many stores were in the main building of the lodge.
Next time we visit, we'll definitely be staying longer. One night was just not long enough at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of the Canadian Rockies by treating yourself to an unforgettable getaway at Delta Hotels by Marriott Kananaskis Lodge. Showcasing an incomparable location in gorgeous Kananaskis Village along with a wealth of first-class amenities, our resort hotel in Kananaskis, Alberta Canada delights business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Delta Hotels Kananaskis Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kananaskis Lodge
- Kananaskis Hotel
- Delta Lodge At Kananaskis
- Delta Hotel Kananaskis Village
- Kananaskis Delta
- Delta Kananaskis Village
- Delta Kananaskis Hotel
- Delta Kananaskis Lodge
- Lodge At Kananaskis
- Kananaskis Village Delta