“Great Getaway”

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Kananaskis Country
Calgary
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Our family stayed at the resort recently and had a wonderful experience.
The front desk and restaurant staff were all respectful, polite, and helpful. We have an eight month old baby and requested to switch rooms to accomodate us. They switched our room without a problem. The restaurant staff were wonderful and allowed us to eat from either menu in the Cafe as our baby was not allowed in lounge.
At check in , Christopher the Rooms Division Manager, introduced himself and made us feel welcome. Upon check out, he ensured that our stay had been what we expected.

Overall a wonderful stay . The kids enjoyed the pool, we enjoyed the fitness room, and we all enjoyed the room and great food.
Highly recommended!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank travellingwith6
SNR_General_Manager, Resort General Manager at Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino, responded to this review, October 27, 2009
Thank you for your Kind comments towards the Resort and More importantly our Staff. I am glad to hear that you were able to use the various ameneties of the resort from the Fitness room to the Restaurants and that we were able to accomodate your room and Dining requests. Thank you for taking to time to reply and we hope that you will visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
calgary
Reviewed June 20, 2009

wow,where to begin, first i got checked in to a room with someone else in it, front desk said oops, gave me a new key to my room i was supposed to have in the first place she apperantly just made a mistake...well this room was dirty, went back to front desk with all my luggage again, no bellmen here.........ever, i guess, gave me a key to my room which was clean and empty but not mountain view, as stated in my letter that was sent to my email, i called down and the ever so helpful...........Robyn was still there and explained it was not guaranteed, as my rate wasn't as well, my letter quoted 79 per night and i got a discount at 99 which was the best she could do, quite rudely i might add, called for room service a bit later, Robyn answered the phone again and transferred me to restaurant to order, rang 30 times and i called back at which point Robyn told me she would take my order, well this was 10 pm and she calls me back at 11 pm to tell me kitchen was too busy to make my order for me and i wouldn't be receiving food as she forgot to give my order until 10:45,had to drive to canmore for food, explained situation to a Chris in the morning at which point he told me there was nothing he could do as this wasn't his problem it was mine!!!!! heard numerous other people complaining at checkout desk which i didnt bother to do after my chat with chris, i was charged for nothing but aggravation! would speak to GM but i have no intentions of ever returning. oh just a fyi, business center, fitness room and pool are all not operating.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank markb328
Please accept my apologies for the unsatisfactory stay that you experienced. I have reviewed the circumstances that you wrote of and can only offer an apology to what was obviously not the way we usually operate. Our fitness centre and Pool are fully functional and were a frustration that goes along with being a brand new resort. It is unfortunate that you do not have any intentions of staying with us again, but if you should change your mind we would love the oportunity to impress you. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Kananaskis Country hotels

Calgary
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Located 45 minutes west of Calgary at the entrance of the Rockie Mountains my wife and I found the Stoney Nakoda Resort. Hotel opened in February and is near completion from construction and offers fantastic opening rates. If you are into great food, excellent service and a little gambling in the Casino, then this is your place!! Rooms are very spacious and super clean. Front Desk staff are very polite and resourceful.

I liked the location, very scenic and the rooms are great!

I disliked the Water Park and Fitness Room not being open until mid-May as we stayed in late April .

Overall I am very pleased with the value and quality service we received. I would recommend the Resort to friends, family and complete strangers.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank H0tel_Warri0r
Thank you for your review. Our pool and waterslide area are fully open and are getting great responses. Currently we offer outstanding seasonal rates. Please visit us again on your next trip to the Canmore/ Kananaskis region. Thank you.