Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino
Best Western Pocaterra Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$232
$121
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$273
$216
Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$170
$158
Blackstone Lodge
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$153
$131
$124
  • Breakfast included
$230
$216
Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE(Dead Man's Flats)(Great Value!)
$160
$238
$178
Holiday Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$155
$148
HolidayInn.com
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$177
Travelocity
All reviewsmountain viewbreakfast buffetlobster tailall you can eatloyalty cardprime rib buffetjunior suitehave stayed here many timessteak sandwichan overnight stayroom ratelake louisefitness roombeds were comfortablecanadian rockiespool and hot tublino
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Wow...staff really made my trip! Thank you Lino, Cheryl and Rocky! You are amazing people. The resort itself was fabulous. The rooms were amazing, the food was fantastic, the views gorgeous. I've done a lot of travelling and I have to say, Stoney Nakoda is the BEST experience I've had! And too boot the price couldn't be beat!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Stoney Nakoda R... M, Manager at Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for the great review, we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

From the service at the front desk to the black jack dealers the employees were friendly and accommodating. The jacuzzi room was fantastic lots of room and very comfortable. The restaurant and bar staff deserve an extra shout out for their above and beyond prompt friendly service every waitress was wonderful and the bar tender for the night was on it! Also worth honourable mention is the food at the resort. We had the onion rings hot honey garlic wings (delicious) nachos the three cheese pizza ( so good) the beef dip and the all day breakfast. Needless to say the food was so good we just kept getting more. On another note I absolutely recommend the loyalty pass and will most certainly be back. Thank you to all at Stoney Nakoda we had a great time.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

The Stoney Nakoda was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. The staff was amazing, friendly and very helpful.
The room was gorgeous, with mountain views. Beautifully decorated with an amazing bed and linens.
The breakfast included free was great, we paid extra for hot breakfast, which was a little lacking but well made.
It was slightly out of the way, but the drive to Banff afterwards was beautiful, so it wasn't a huge problem.
All of this, plus a casino in the resort, and we only paid $99 on a Friday night.

Amazing. Will definitely be back, I miss it already!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Room was great. Pool was great. Casino does the trick. Front counter girls were great. Server in bar was awesome, even though she was having a bad day. Felt bad for her.

Here's the BUT and it's a big but for someone like me. I've been here more than a few years ago as I used to live in Calgary. I thought the food was not great because they still were still relatively new and cut them some slack, however, I live a ways away now and thought it would be a good choice to visit again. The food was horrible and the buffet is the worst. I live for my buffets when I'm travelling...lol. They need a professional chef and help in a bad way in this area. Calgary isn't that far away to get someone in if you paid them enough. This place would actually be fairly popular if you maintained the rest of the hotel AND kept quality meals going through the establishment. First of all, you pay extra for buffet. 15 dollars without coupon and approximately 6 with coupon with room from front desk. When we went in for breakfast, the French toast was, ice cold. They don't make it fresh, obviously, they just bring it out of bags and put it in the oven. Get someone to cook them from scratch! Anyway, long story short, the dinner buffet needs the same attention. Fresh, hot items, and tasty. Is it too much too ask? Pay someone that knows what they are doing and to do it right. I know its possible because there are very few buffets that is this poorly done. I was disappointed is the bottom line. A great buffet dinner is a great attraction for some, especially when there's nothing else to eat for miles around.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Co S
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Firstly, no matter what the value or how cheap, I just ask for clean. The place is dirty and needs repair and maintenance so bad. Our room had a leak from above and the plaster was dropping and stinking from the mould. Their response...I have not seen the maintenance guy all day. This was after day two. Our room had not been cleaned after 2.5 days...their response...that is how we do things. Interesting. I called room service for an hour and all I got was an answering machine. I went for breakfast and ask for a ceramic cup because I promised myself I would not use paper in 2014-their response...ya, we ordered some but they did not come in. This was in the restaurant. The floor in our hallway was never vacuumed after NYE and all the crap all about, the furniture in the lobby is ripped and worn. The tread mill did not work, no sign nothing...their response...oh ya, no it don't work...these are verbatim quotes. Had to call security first night as there were parents and kids running and screaming up and down the hallway. In short, it is dirty, poor quality food, poor service and just people who do not care about your stay or your experience. Shocking for the area is all I can say.

Room Tip: Spend the money and time and get to Canmore or Banff. If you stay do not stay on first floor down the hall from pool, very loud from screaming kids and adults.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business