“The Worst.”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Kananaskis Country
Kaslo, Canada
“The Worst.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Firstly, no matter what the value or how cheap, I just ask for clean. The place is dirty and needs repair and maintenance so bad. Our room had a leak from above and the plaster was dropping and stinking from the mould. Their response...I have not seen the maintenance guy all day. This was after day two. Our room had not been cleaned after 2.5 days...their response...that is how we do things. Interesting. I called room service for an hour and all I got was an answering machine. I went for breakfast and ask for a ceramic cup because I promised myself I would not use paper in 2014-their response...ya, we ordered some but they did not come in. This was in the restaurant. The floor in our hallway was never vacuumed after NYE and all the crap all about, the furniture in the lobby is ripped and worn. The tread mill did not work, no sign nothing...their response...oh ya, no it don't work...these are verbatim quotes. Had to call security first night as there were parents and kids running and screaming up and down the hallway. In short, it is dirty, poor quality food, poor service and just people who do not care about your stay or your experience. Shocking for the area is all I can say.

Room Tip: Spend the money and time and get to Canmore or Banff. If you stay do not stay on first floor down t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank kaslogal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Do not go to this hotel, it is so unprofessional, I got a family suite and they didn't even give my family blankets and at the pool they did not have any towels and when we went to eat dinner, a waitress spilt the whole tray of pop on my daughter. I definitely won't be going back but the food was good. Horrible service and very unprofessional.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank ck95_2013

Travelers are raving about these Kananaskis Country hotels

Didsbury, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Price... How can you complain for under $100. We were offered a 1 bedroom suite for $109 with mountain view. Food was great. Portions and taste were good which I honestly didn't expect with the lower prices. Casino was a little loud but its a casino, its supposed to be loud I suppose. No reservation but still had a room ready for us within the hour. We moved floors and were first on the 3rd floor, it was clean and well maintained. When we moved to the 4th floor the hallway was falling apart. Marked walls, holes, dirty carpet, buckets to stop leaks from ceiling. Wet floor. Room was clean however. Recently patched walls but overall good. Personally it didn't bother me but I could see how some people would be very upset about the appearance. A breaker blew and we didn't have lights in the bathroom but the manager made sure it was going right away. Staff was excellent! For having to work over the holidays they were very helpful and friendly. I would go back for the service and pricing. Jets on hot tub weren't working.

Room Tip: If your staying stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Night and day difference to the 4th floor. If you pr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natasha B
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Late October found us staying at the Stoney Nakoda Resort and Casino as part of a tour we were leading. Our room (#211 I believe) was very nice. Large and equipped with a fireplace, small bar area and a king sized bed. Clean, modern and well appointed. We also had our supper in the restaurant downstairs and found the food very good. The hotel staff were excellent! Our tour group of 40 international guests were efficiently checked in and no complaints were received about the rooms or the food. A very good experience overall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have come here for many years, have enjoyed our stay in The past. PAST! The management today is we don't care with NO MAINTENANCE PLAN. needs paint , new carpet , door locks fixed,chairs that are ripped repaired. TAKE THE $$$$ put nothing back. NOT RECOMMENDED till it changes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SRBTrav
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I travel frequently between Vancouver and Calgary for work and decided to stop here on one of my trips. I have to say that the ample parking for my truck and trailer is what made me stop there one day. I decided to go in and check it out. The first thing that I noticed was how friendly the staff was and upon talking with the manager, I found out that there's a couple of ready rooms set aside for a small fee to shower in the morning. As a trucker, I usually end up at one of the big truck stops only to find that there's no parking. Not the case anymore. Oh, and did I mention the buffet is excellent as well?....This place is too good to be called a truck stop but that's where I'll be parking my truck when I'm in the neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Fort Nelson, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The rooms are very nice, excellent value. The rooms are clean. Very quiet. The restaurant.......make sure you eat before you get there. We had supper after we checked in at the restaurant, we were told the casino lounge had priority over the restaurant and they were busy so our meal would be late, it was, we waited over an hour to get a meal that was thrown together

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple