“Classy”

Lake View Inn
Lake View Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lucerne
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Was not worth 65 bucks if anything worth about 20. I had a smoking room with no ash try. We ran out of toilet paper after having only half a role to begin with. I was romed next to who I thought I saw I. America's most wanted last night. Then on top of that I had the pleaser of hearing him and a buddy tweek all night. I went to take a shower with no shampoo or soap to have the curtain fall on me. Scared me half to death. All I have to say is please take your money else wear. Trust me its NOT worth it

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank Blaire530

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We only needed a room for 1 night & didn't need much other than a clean, comfortable place to sleep, which is a good thing because this is the ultimate in no bells, whistles or frills. My 1st red flag went up when I was booking our reservation in advance by phone & the woman wanted my credit card info. before giving me any information on the room or the price. Okay, could be innocent enough mistake... after getting all info. 1st, I went ahead & booked a king size handicapped accessible room. Once we arrived we were told that the only handicap accessible room they had was not available (their previous guest had decided to stay longer). Thankfully I am mobile enough to deal with it but had I needed my wheelchair, this would've been a big problem. The 1st room they tried to put us in we opened the door to discover the room had not been cleaned or made up. The next room was clean but had such a strong stench, I thought perhaps they put us in a smoking room (we reserved a non-smoking room & requested to be as far away from the smoking rooms as possible), my husband thought it was more likely the cleaning products. We decided to stay, thinking it probably wouldn't be any better in another room & although the smell seemed to dissipate once we had been in the room for a while, (more likely we just got used to it) however, not long later I experienced an asthma attack which I would assume was triggered from the smell. (Note: I was not having asthma issues before or after I left the room, I would recommend not staying here if you have asthma or any other respiratory problems).

The best things I can say about the room is it looked clean, it was mostly quiet, the room came with a mini fridge & microwave, however, that is about it. The bed was comfortable except that they don't have fitted sheets & the strap that was supposed to keep the bottom sheet on the mattress was broken & I had a problem with the sheets sliding all over & leaving the mattress exposed when I was trying to sleep. There were NO hand towels & the rest of the towels were very flimsy, there was no clock, no lamps (though a ceiling light), and the 1 lemon yellow wall didn't help the attractiveness of the room. The bathroom was very small & the shower was ridiculously tiny, (definitely not disabled accessible). There is no view of the lake from the rooms but the hotel is directly across from the lake & a children's playground. The furniture in the rooms was nice enough & with some fixing up & a few more or better amenities, this could be a much nicer place, but as it is now we would not return for another stay regardless of the inexpensive price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kristina O
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Booking the trip was difficult to begin with - I only discovered they had no record of my original reservation when I tried to change my arrival date over the phone. In the end I had to re-book and they ended up charging me double. The customer service was none existent and the rooms mediocre.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Becca_A727
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were making a drive from Tahoe to Mendocino, and were just looking for an overnight stop. We wanted a budget no frills room as we weren't staying more than one night.

I am normally not fussy. I've lost count of the number of times I've commiserated with the desk person after an obnoxious and demanding guest had flounced off.

Our hotel in Tahoe was fine, but this is better, and at just over half the cost. But let's start with what you don't get.

You don't get breakfast. Personally, having experienced the continental breakfast offered by many hotels, my reaction is "why?" Either do it properly or not at all. You don't get digital hi definition TV, but you do get 59 channels of slightly fuzzy TV. I can live with that.

But what you do get is a room somewhere between a normal twin double bedded and a suite. Refridgerator, microwave oven, aircon, coffee etc are all here and there's even some lovely toiletries in the shower room.

So if like many Americans I've spoken to, you think Tahoe has become too commercial, why not try Clearlake?

At $79 a night (Sunday) what's to lose?

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Sixties_Music_Man
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucerne
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
Regency Inn
Regency Inn
#3 of 7 in Lakeport
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina

Been to Lake View Inn? Share your experiences!