Open today: 12:01 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Boy Scout Merit Badge

B.S.A.Troop 186 Newark can't say enough about our experience with John, Sarah,Andrew. Joe and... read more

Reviewed September 12, 2018
Rick B
AWESOME Experience!

Been rafting with River Runners for a few summers and they never disappoint! All the guides are... read more

Reviewed August 24, 2018
Thorns R
California

All reviews friendly team jump off skip rocks rock jumping bacon rafting trip white water rafting american river awesome experience sandwiches first timers sarah whirlpool blackberries stops geese campfire
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for an amazing weekend of rafting and fun River Runners is the best out there. The team makes you feel like family and creates a unique and memorable experience. This was my second time rafting with River Runners and I am already planning on returning. They love what they are doing and are genuinely excited to share their love of rafting and nature with the group. I cannot say enough good thing about river runners and would recommend them in a heartbeat !!

Date of experience: July 2017
Sarah V, Owner at River Runners, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip with us!

Best wishes,
Sarah V

Reviewed July 14, 2017

We had one of the best days ever the other day on the river with River Runners and their amazing staff. From the minute we arrived, we were greeted by their warm, generous customer service. Tents already set up and waiting for us...camp fire and good times the first night. Next morning we had coffee/fruit/pastries waiting when we woke up. Omelettes cooked to order, bacon, bagels for breakfast. Then we headed out to the river with their FUN and experienced guides. We stopped several times throughout the day to swim, explore and jump off rocks. There was never a rushed feeling, and safety was their number one priority. Have I mentioned lunch yet??? :-) Make your own sandwich bar...with options for every palette. Our afternoon of rapids was broken up by swimming and more jumping off rocks. I can not say enough about this company. Have to say that several of us noticed other companies cruising by us with very 'bland' looking crews/passengers...we were anything but that! Lively, fun, energetic, experienced and knowledgeable guides to make for a day we will not ever forget. A HUGE thanks to John and Sarah, and all our guides for all their hard work and dedication to putting together an amazing experience. We appreciated it all!

Date of experience: July 2017
Sarah V, Owner at River Runners, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Thanks for your kind words Julie, it was our pleasure to host you and your family in camp and of course to explore the South Fork of the American with you all too. Thanks for loving the river as much as we do!

Best wishes,
Sarah V

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 1 night and they took us down the full south fork American River white water rafting. We were 11 people and they looked after everything. Several of us had dietary restrictions and they adapted very well even though for me I gave them little notice. Sarah is an amazingly warm host. The rafting guides ensured safety and were a lot fun. Would definitely do it again!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank 769brendanm
Reviewed May 16, 2017

I used River Runners for my first experience of rafting for my birthday whilst holidaying in California, and had the best time. Sarah, John and Daniel all couldn't have been nicer and helpful to us. Our original rafting trip booked with another company was cancelled due to other people pulling out, and luckily River Runners stood in so that we could have our first experience of rafting.

They said the water was at its highest for years, which meant it was a lot faster than normal, however with Daniel who guided us I never felt in danger. He has grown up on this river and his experience and knowledge of the river was incredible!

I must thank River Runners for a birthday I truly will never forget and hope to one day return again!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank p_maltby44
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

We'd originally booked our rafting trip with another company but unfortunately the day before it was due, they contacted us to say the other bookings had dropped out and the trip was no longer viable. Thankfully River Runners were on hand to step up and offer to take us rafting as planned!

My boyfriend and I were travelling in California from the UK and really wanted to squeeze in our first ever rafting trip. I'd 100% recommend a trip on the rapids with River Runners whether you're a beginner or expert! I'd love to return one day and tackle a full day of rafting.

John, Sarah and Daniel (our guide for the day) were super friendly, helpful and great to chat to. We're really grateful to them for making our river rapid trip happen! I just wish my eyes could take photos so I could capture the amazing scenery we saw and fun we had.

Date of experience: April 2017