“Fun in the Sun”

Rock-N-Water Christian Camps
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Lotus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rock-N-Water provides Christian Camps in California for church youth groups and families interested in adventures in the outdoors. We help people grow closer to God through whitewater rafting, rock climbing, backpacking, and living history programs. Located in California, our Christian camps use God's Creation to help youth come to know the Creator as their personal Lord and savior. We are a Christian camp located in California that breaks the mold of traditional camps.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Incredible time out on the river! Staff is awesome at getting people prepared and keeping it fun. Highly recommend!

All reviews
"great fun"
in 3 reviews
"top notch"
in 2 reviews
"south fork of the american river"
"campfire"
in 4 reviews
"adventure"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Going to rock was a totally awesome experience. It caters to people of all ages (Probably because it's Gods creation). Hello I'm Debbie, and I'm 20. I went to Rock-N-Water with a youth group; we had a great time hanging out and doing crazy things in nature (they were safe) :) with hardly enough time to catch our breath (not literally but close). But what really touched me most was having sweet encounters with God. My family has had a hard year in a half (aside from my personal troubles) and I was feeling pretty beat. The week before I came to Rock-N-water, I went on a missions trip to La Paz; That wasn't easy either :) but I was blessed in it (Lots of growing) :) .By the time I got to Rock-N-Water I was ready for some more battle, but God had told me that rest was in store for me. So when we got there our guide ran up to greet us and get us situated (The Guides are great by the way), and your like me you'll just sleep under the stars :) which means early rising. So I had a lot of time to spend with God. It seemed that being away in nature, and the people who work there encourage you to seek God in these ways. I left Rock-N-Water with a full cup. If God allows I'll be back. I definitely recommend this camp!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Rock-N-Water is an awesome place to go with your youth group or family (or with anyone you like really)!!! I had such a fun and amazing time. They are great at catering to your groups needs and at pushing your limits of what you think you are capable of. I am always impressed with the staff and how well they mesh with whatever group we bring. I have been there twice with my church Summit, www.summitsanmarcos.com, and most recently with my family for a short family trip. I am definitely looking forward to my next trip there!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved our week at Rock N Water. We spent two days rafting, playing games, a day rappelling, creek hiking, canyoneering and exploring camp. It is nice to have a home base with wonderful food and facilities. Our hikes were knowledgeable and safe. This was our fifth trip and just as good as the first. Love it!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent a week at Rock-N-Water, adventuring, praying, laughing, and eating alongside 20 teens. None of us had ever visited the camp before. We got stuck in traffic along the 500-mile drive, but I forgot about that completely when we were greeted by camp staff, eagerly awaiting our arrival at the camp entrance, cheering and yelling for us.

The camp staff is phenomenal. They put God first, they love people, and they love their jobs, and it all shows. We all left feeling like a part of their family, and counting down the days until next year. I cannot recommend this camp highly enough for youth groups looking to grow and disciple their teen leaders. I arrived with 20 teens from 10 different schools, no more than 3 kids knowing each other in advance. I returned home with 20 teens who are virtually inseparable, who conquered deep-seated fears and insecurities. GET OUTSIDE!

Been to Rock-N-Water Christian Camps? Share your experiences!