“ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE”

O.A.R.S. American River Outpost
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Lotus
More attraction details
Owner description: American River whitewater rafting for over forty years. Based out of Lotus on the South Fork of the American River, O.A.R.S. offers American River white water rafting near Sacramento & Lake Tahoe. Trip options include half day and one day rafting adventures from easy to extreme on the South Fork American, Middle Fork American and the North Fork of the American River in northern California.Recognized by National Geographic Adventure as "The Best River & Sea Outfitter on Earth," O.A.R.S. sets the standard in first-class rafting, sea kayaking and multi-sport adventures throughout North America. O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with experienced, professional guides and top notch equipment. Ideal for family adventure vacations and quick weekend escapes.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My advice to you that you are reading this comment before to decide to go on a OARS trip is to realize that life is short, we all work very hard to pay our bills and with what is left, we try to make ourself and the ones we love, simply happy. Well....10 days ago I came out of 2 weeks spent in the grand canyon with OARS and I'm still in a pure state of bliss. I traveled the world many times but I rarely experience such a long time of pure joy and fulfillment like I did with OARS on a rafting trip from Lees Ferry to Whitemore Wash.
Everything was perfect and the guides are not only guides but friends, storytellers, chefs, musicians, gurus, artists, fitness trainer and so much more!
On the river we crossed many other companies running the river and absolutely no one on those motorized boat looked like remotely happy like us!
So my advice to you is to save up and trust OARS!

There are newer reviews for O.A.R.S. American River Outpost

Reviewed August 19, 2014

In a boat where only one person had rafted before, a team of six was transformed from weekend vacationers to river superheroes! All this thanks to our incredible guide, Shayne. We began the trip completely inexperienced and nervous about our abilities. By the end, he had us giving "paddle high fives," chanting, and looking around the bend for the next rapid. Not only did he keep us laughing while preparing us for each approaching rapid - he rocked a sparkling blue helmet. Flawless. I can't wait to go back for the 2-day trips - OARS showed us such a great time!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had a fantastic time with OARS on their 1 day South Fork river rafting trip, which included some great white water rafting (catagory 3) which was perfect for our first time experience at white water rafting. Our guide Mark led the group of 4 boats, each with their own guide, and made all the family feel confident and comfortable during the whole trip. We spent a fairly relaxed morning getting used to the boat and river with a few 'small' rapids and gentle paddling down the river before lunch. The lunch stop was all ready set up for us when we arrived with plenty of food for everyone. Then we set off again for the more serious stuff! Great fun, even when I ended up in the river after a rock slide. Mark simply hauled me back on board and off we went again. We had clear instructions from Mark on when to paddle at each of the rapids and had an exhilarating afternoon. OARS were by far the best outfit on the river, we saw other boats which seemed to get into far more trouble than ours, which simply tells me they are the best.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family and I recently took the South Fork American Gorge 1 Day trip with O.A.R.S. We had an absolute BLAST! Our guide, Natalie, did an exceptional job, and that was no easy task as our group of 5 included a nervous 7 year old first time rafter. Natalie really put my daughter at ease, let her sit in the back and help steer the boat, and really made the entire day a really fun and exciting family trip. The lunch that was provided was delicious, boats an equipment in great shape; we truly loved every moment we spent on the river!

We also camped at the O.A.R.S. campsite, in one of the platform tents. The tent was already made up and ready for us when we returned. The campsite was clean and we'll maintained. We had just an amazing time!

I should also mention that the O.A.R.S. customer service representatives are great. I had to reach out to them a few times with questions, and each time I was surprised and impressed by their desire to help with whatever I needed, and make sure our trip was everything we wanted/expected.

If you are considering a rafting trip, O.A.R.S. is the company you want to use! Absolutely fabulous from customer service to guides and staff the day of your trip. You can't go wrong with choosing O.A.R.S.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a wonderful experience with my Girl Scout trip on the two day rafting trip. The staff at the camp site were extremely helpful and accomodating. When my air mattress malfunctioned, they let me use one of the cots at no cost. The food was outstanding. Our Guides Shayne and Natalie were wonderful with the girls, they offered great recommendations for food in the area, and gave us a wonderful adventure. We had a wonderful time and I highly recommend this trip.