“Terrible Service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lost Hills
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 11 nights in February 2014. Needed a room with telephone (all rooms are claimed to have these). Phone wasn't working and wasn't repaired despite reporting fault each day. E-mails to Manager went unanswered. Reception unwilling to allow a swap to another room. Deputy manager eventually told me that phone hadn't been working for ages but that Manager didn't want cost of repairs. Had to use a mobile phone to call home to Europe instead of cheap phone card. This cost me over 100 US dollars in phone costs. Neither the Manager nor central Motel 6 management willing to deal with complaints beyond a stock reply thanking me for reporting fault etc.
Won't be staying there again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Eric S
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Lost Hills, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Eric S.,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. We are currently under new management and have had our phones as well as entire rooms renovated. We hope that if you are in the area again you will give us another opportunity to better serve you. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Slovak first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

First time at a motel 6 was good. Then rooms met exactly what I was looking for. Very quiet and clean. The staff was helpful and they gave me my room quickly with no problems. So overall my stay was good.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Cynthiaval
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Lost Hills, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable for you. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Madera, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was on the road for many hours so I decided to stay here and rest. The rooms were very clean, which I loved. The desk clerks were also very sweet, I Appricated it a lot after being So tierd. I rested well. So overall I had a good stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Madera559
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Lost Hills, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Fullerton, California, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Guess I got what a paid for. Room was a nice surprise in that it had a flat screen TV, fridge and a microwave. The room was small but adequate. Amenities basic but that's what I expected. What I didn't expect was the smell. It was an overpowering disinfectant smell at first. That was replaced by a musty odor after having the air set to 69. Any higher temp the mustiness was unbearable. I was glad that the very helpful clerk gave me another blanket. The employees are great here though, very nice. She did offer to move me but I was traveling by myself and it would have been a pain to repack everything (dogs crate, bed, suitcase) and move rooms. Walls are thin so I could hear party noises and people walking by very easily. Room was clean except the floor in the bathroom. The tile looked like it had years of grunge built up on it. I noticed mouse droppings in the shower and a huge black stink bug, which I took care of quickly.

• Stayed September 2013
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Lost Hills, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Kim,
Thank you for recognizing the pleasant service you recieved from our staff. However, we sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, odor and noise issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience so we may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.
New York, NY
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of Motel 6s across the country, but this one was by far the worst. My room stank, so much so that I had trouble sleeping at night when I breathed in the air. A lot of Motel 6 rooms have a certain musty smell to them, but this one was just worse than any other that I've seen. When I reported the problem to the clerk at the front desk upon checking out the next day, she just glared at me. There was no apology. She didn't say a single word.

The faucet for the bathroom sink also did not work properly. When you turned the knob to cold or hot, cold or hot water did not come out accordingly. The toilet did not flush properly. There was a ball of toilet paper that simply got stuck to the bowl and could not be flushed. The floor of the shower was peeling and the drain looked positively disgusting.

The guests at this motel also looked kind of shady. No one did anything alarming, but I did not feel safe staying here. To be fair, this is not a problem unique to this motel. Cheap motels have a tendency to attract not the most stellar clientele.

Finally, Lost Hills is also a really depressing place. There's nothing here except for a fast food joints, gas stations and dumpy motels. Just don't stay at this motel or this town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank canyonskies
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Lost Hills, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. All feedback is greatly appreciated. At Motel 6 Lost Hills we strive to provide our customers with only the most friendly and comfortable stay as possible. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not enjoyable. I can assure you that your issues have been addressed with our staff members and that we are currently working to prevent them in the future. We are also currently remodeling our rooms and replacing all of the carpets with hardwood flooring. We do hope that we can better serve you in the near future.

Beverly Hills, Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is just in the middle of nowhere, a place to stop between LA & SF Bay Area if you can't leave LA till later in the day. Try to make it another hour or so to the Buttonwillow Motel 6 if you can. The pool here was nice, good sized, kids had a good time in it, but it's so blasted hot out here the pool is like a bathtub, similar to pools in AZ. Place seemed clean, very small rooms, great to have fridge/micro, there were a lot of very tiny (almost microsopic) bugs on the floor here, because, as usual with a Motel 6, the door is to the outside, I think it would be difficult to truly eradicate these little guys, and it's the desert, people, so it didn't really "bug" me that much. Do you want the teeny tiny harmless bugs or the major pesticide it would probably take to get rid of them? Stop, eat dinner from your cooler, sleep, move on...

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. Thank you again.

Sincerest apologies,
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was the next stop on the trip. Not much else around, a truck stop area. Fast food only so we ate at Denny's Rooms clean and quiet. The pool felt good after running across the Mojave on motorcycles

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 46JimH46
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again,
#4 of 5 in Buttonwillow
Lost Hills RV Park
Lost Hills RV Park
#1 of 1 in Lost Hills

Been to Motel 6 Lost Hills? Share your experiences!