“Keep Driving!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lost Hills
Las Vegas
“Keep Driving!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

While I know that this motel is a highway motel and not a five star, it has trouble reaching a one star. The room and bed was dirty, there was hair form the previous occupants on both pillows and the bedspread looked like in was from 1975. The bathroom was akin to using a public restroom and decorated as such. There were large gaps between the door frame and the door so you could see the light coming in. The blackout curtains were ripped and over all it really stunk. It was $40.00 per night place but it is worth no more than a $5.00 trick joint!

Room Tip: Keep driving to Bakersfield!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
vagabondinnsouth, Manager at Motel 6 Lost Hills, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. We do appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We are currently in the process of renovating our hotel in order to better meet our valued guests needs. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better meet your needs in the future. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Slovak first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Tried the Motel 6 this time, after a not so great experience at the Days Inn last October. The rooms at Motel 6 are tired, needs paint, carpet etc. our bathroom ceiling had been re-drywalled, but they had left the ceiling unfinished.

The employees are friendly and there is free coffee, but there just is not a lot else to like about this place. Between the two places in LH, I would rank the Motel 6 just slightly better than Days Inn

Next time we might try the Best Western in Wasco, we heard that is nicer.

• Stayed March 2013
We are very sorry to hear that your stay with our location was less than satisfactory. At our property our goal is to efficiently meet the needs of all of our valued guests. We are currently in the process of renovating our property and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Again, our sincerest apologies.

San Diego, California
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It's a clean, well-lit place to stop and sleep along Highway 5. Manger is helpful and polite, room is typical Motel 6 but clean and comfy. Does have microwave, frig, and wi-fi. Coffee in lobby. Free parking.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback. We are currently in the process of renovating our hotel. While we are very happy to have made your stay satisfactory this time around, we also hope that you can visit us again once our renovations are finished. We thank you again.

Athabasca, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Cheap enough, clean enough and basic as expected. No surprises here. Motel 6 is Motel 6. Staff put us well away from the highway and the truck fuel stop nearby. Quiet. Just fine for a night on the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the truck fuel stop across the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again!

Monterey County, California
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My second stay was a comp due to my previous experience. Thank you Jesse and Jackie!
Fantastic! Totally re done and clean. I felt safe and it was pretty quiet
I will always make this my pit stop place to sleep when I go to L A!
Very friendly staff too.
I really appreciate the nice changes that have been made

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you Nancy! We are very happy that you took the time to give us another try. We hope that you are well and we will see you again!

Jackie
MARYSVILLE
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in [non-smoking] Room 135 on 2/23/2013 - 2/24/2013.

PRICE: excellent! :) Just under $55 a night (inclusive), for two.

LOCATION: great - gas stations and fast food (McD's, Carl's Jr., etc) restaurants all on same block and within walking distance. Easy access on/off Hwy 5; ample [free] parking on/off road.

CHECK-IN: quick, and clerk was friendly, welcoming and informative.

AMENITIES: pool and surrounding area looked clean and free of trash. Free coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate available at the front desk (no in-room coffee makers). Free wi-fi onsite - just ask the front desk for the network key.

ROOM: the room we stayed in was "refreshed" - i.e. remodeled/updated. Laminate wood flooring, flat screen tv, SS bar fridge, microwave. Room smelled and looked fresh and clean, which was an excellent first impression for someone with OCD tendencies ;) The bed linens and pillows looked and smelled clean (though we brought our own blankets and pillows); microwave was clean (didn't use or open the refrigerator); everything looked relatively clean and well maintained.

I had 2 problems with this room:

1) the shower. All other Motel 6's that we have stayed at, have had relatively clean showers and bathrooms, but this one... well, I felt like I needed another shower immediately after showering. Now, I don't expect budget motel chains to have super duper shiny clean 'eat off the floor' showers, and I'm not one of those whiny, complain-about-nothin' customers, but this was really bad!! I have photo's as evidence, and will upload once I figure out how to on here. The shower pan had (what looked like) dried up wax drippings; there was some really horrible attempts at resealing some areas on the shower frame and glass joints; and lots of old dirt and mold build-up in the crevices of the frame. It was gross, and I told my husband I would rather go the day without showering, than step foot in that shower pan! Now, it could have been JUST Room 135's shower stall that was disgusting, and an error on Housekeeping's part to thoroughly clean the stall and/or notify Management of the problem, but I'm just doing my part of letting others know of my experience.

2) The room needs more sound-proofing. We could hear the people upstairs walking around and using the bathroom in the early early hours of the morning; we could hear people arriving/talking and rolling their suitcases to their rooms.

So, other than the shower stall, my overall impression of this Motel 6 was good, and I would recommend this property to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We sincerely apologize about the shower stall and can assure you that this issue is being much more carefully looked after. We are very happy to hear however that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we do hope to see you again in the future! Thanks again!
Monterey California
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is one of those pit stop hotels people stop at when they are too tired to drive any further on Interstate 5.

Take my advice and keep driving down the freeway and stay somewhere else. The first room I was given was just awful. Worn carpet, rock hard bed, black mold or mildew all around the shower top, and finally bugs crawling out from the heater.

After waiting in line for a half an hour to leave or get a better room I was given one of their newly remodeled rooms which was better but not a room I would ever return to. The new rooms have a flat screen tv, a new paint job and new faux wood floors. They are still small and noisy with the same hard beds , nasty bathrooms, dated fixtures headboards and dressers. Do yourself a favor and spend $20 more dollars on a hotel down the road.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here only stay in a remodeled room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow North I-5
Lost Hills RV Park
Lost Hills RV Park
#1 of 1 in Lost Hills

Been to Motel 6 Lost Hills? Share your experiences!