“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lost Hills
Athabasca, Canada
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Cheap enough, clean enough and basic as expected. No surprises here. Motel 6 is Motel 6. Staff put us well away from the highway and the truck fuel stop nearby. Quiet. Just fine for a night on the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the truck fuel stop across the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
vagabondinnsouth, Manager at Motel 6 Lost Hills, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again!

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Slovak first
Monterey County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My second stay was a comp due to my previous experience. Thank you Jesse and Jackie!
Fantastic! Totally re done and clean. I felt safe and it was pretty quiet
I will always make this my pit stop place to sleep when I go to L A!
Very friendly staff too.
I really appreciate the nice changes that have been made

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Nancy! We are very happy that you took the time to give us another try. We hope that you are well and we will see you again!

Jackie
MARYSVILLE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in [non-smoking] Room 135 on 2/23/2013 - 2/24/2013.

PRICE: excellent! :) Just under $55 a night (inclusive), for two.

LOCATION: great - gas stations and fast food (McD's, Carl's Jr., etc) restaurants all on same block and within walking distance. Easy access on/off Hwy 5; ample [free] parking on/off road.

CHECK-IN: quick, and clerk was friendly, welcoming and informative.

AMENITIES: pool and surrounding area looked clean and free of trash. Free coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate available at the front desk (no in-room coffee makers). Free wi-fi onsite - just ask the front desk for the network key.

ROOM: the room we stayed in was "refreshed" - i.e. remodeled/updated. Laminate wood flooring, flat screen tv, SS bar fridge, microwave. Room smelled and looked fresh and clean, which was an excellent first impression for someone with OCD tendencies ;) The bed linens and pillows looked and smelled clean (though we brought our own blankets and pillows); microwave was clean (didn't use or open the refrigerator); everything looked relatively clean and well maintained.

I had 2 problems with this room:

1) the shower. All other Motel 6's that we have stayed at, have had relatively clean showers and bathrooms, but this one... well, I felt like I needed another shower immediately after showering. Now, I don't expect budget motel chains to have super duper shiny clean 'eat off the floor' showers, and I'm not one of those whiny, complain-about-nothin' customers, but this was really bad!! I have photo's as evidence, and will upload once I figure out how to on here. The shower pan had (what looked like) dried up wax drippings; there was some really horrible attempts at resealing some areas on the shower frame and glass joints; and lots of old dirt and mold build-up in the crevices of the frame. It was gross, and I told my husband I would rather go the day without showering, than step foot in that shower pan! Now, it could have been JUST Room 135's shower stall that was disgusting, and an error on Housekeeping's part to thoroughly clean the stall and/or notify Management of the problem, but I'm just doing my part of letting others know of my experience.

2) The room needs more sound-proofing. We could hear the people upstairs walking around and using the bathroom in the early early hours of the morning; we could hear people arriving/talking and rolling their suitcases to their rooms.

So, other than the shower stall, my overall impression of this Motel 6 was good, and I would recommend this property to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We sincerely apologize about the shower stall and can assure you that this issue is being much more carefully looked after. We are very happy to hear however that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we do hope to see you again in the future! Thanks again!
Jackie Mooers
Monterey California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is one of those pit stop hotels people stop at when they are too tired to drive any further on Interstate 5.

Take my advice and keep driving down the freeway and stay somewhere else. The first room I was given was just awful. Worn carpet, rock hard bed, black mold or mildew all around the shower top, and finally bugs crawling out from the heater.

After waiting in line for a half an hour to leave or get a better room I was given one of their newly remodeled rooms which was better but not a room I would ever return to. The new rooms have a flat screen tv, a new paint job and new faux wood floors. They are still small and noisy with the same hard beds , nasty bathrooms, dated fixtures headboards and dressers. Do yourself a favor and spend $20 more dollars on a hotel down the road.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here only stay in a remodeled room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Cost us roughly $50 for one night. Good value! Our room was clean and smelled fresh. Our room had a mini frig and microwave. It's a basic room, could use a little decor and a comfy bed. Would stay here again when traveling through Cali.

Only weird catch is, if you have a second person in the room, they charge an additional fee, like $4.

• Stayed January 2013
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stopped here when getting tired of driving along the interstate. For a place to stay overnight while driving along the highway this hotel was perfect, and the price could not be faulted. Rooms stark, as expected, but clean enough. Located far enough from the highway that noise was not an issue.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rocklin, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here on a recent trip to Temecula. Staff was very courteous and the room was so fresh and remoldeled the paper was still outside the dorr. Definitely a Huge improvement. Cost was very resonable. Will defi itley stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a refreshed room and in the back.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Motel 6 Lost Hills, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time and give us your input. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lost Hills
#4 of 5 in Buttonwillow
Lost Hills RV Park
Lost Hills RV Park
#1 of 1 in Lost Hills

Been to Motel 6 Lost Hills? Share your experiences!