“The worse mexican food ever”

La Casita Mexican Food
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Los Osos
Cuisines: Mexican
InlandEmpire
“The worse mexican food ever”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I am of Mexican descent and I know Mexican food, this was no where close. Taco Bell does it better. I have never ever had food this bad. To make it worse it over priced and the owners and servers were Latin. I am embarassed that to think that people would consider this is good mexican food. I ordered Mole and it was "Can" red chile sauce, the carnitas ordered by my friends was over fried and hard. I know that I will never eat there again nor anyone I know who visits Los Osos. Sorry to be so harse, but I take pride in my heritage and had say something.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank Salsagroup

san luis obispo
“Every Mexican should have Salsa this good”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Cash only in this family restaurant. Lunch specials are inexpensive and the salsa is absolutely the best I've had anywhere.

• Visited August 2011
California Central Coast
“I felt I needed to write this after reading the reviews”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We've been going to La Casita for several years primarily because it's convenient. While the food is good, it's not 5 stars across the board as many of the previous reviews indicate in our opinion. I would have to say it's average to slightly above average. For the life of me I can't really think of any thing that really stands out as above average. The guacamole is mixed and blended and probably contains fillers (which is what most restaurants do). This despite Los Osos being in the middle of an area that has multiple avocado farms (I only know of one restaurant that serves fresh guacamole, they make it at your table, but we don't like the rest of their menu). The good things about the restaurant are the prices are reasonable, the food is served reasonably quick and the quality of the food is consistent.

1 Thank Kinzy101
Central Coast,Ca.
“Best fajitas ever!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I am pretty picky about the restaurants that i go to and my family and I dine at La Casitas on a regular basis. They serve the best fajitas I have ever had (at most restaurants they are too greasy), delicious smooth-style guacamole, and awesome salsa. I often purchase their salsa and spice mix to go.
No, it isn't fancy and sometimes you have to be patient ( as they make their ingredients on site, but there is a reason that it is often packed w/ locals.

California
“La Casita-Don't tell anyone!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you want good Mexican food in San Luis Obispo County, this is the only place to go. Family run for 20 years, prices have barely risen in that time. And the food is consistently good, with everything cooked fresh in house. Camarones, fajitas, giant burritos, fantastic tacos, and the best salsa I've ever had at a restaurant. It's not fancy but if you like great food at a good price, this is the place to go.