“Best Burgers in the County”
Review of Sylvester's

Sylvester's
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Los Osos
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 26, 2012

You want a regular hamburger? They got it. You want a Buffalo burger? They got it. You want a fresh grain fed burger from the Hearst Ranch? They go it. Want an Elk Burger? They got it. Want a Turkey Burger? They got it. Vegetarian? They got it! In short if you want a fantastic burger you have no excuses cause they got it. Everything is great. Had the chocolate Sunday. They even bring you the metal cup like they did in the old days with the rest of the milk shake. Onion rings are home made, crunchy and tasty. I have been here several times and the food is always the best. But remember, this is not a fancy restaurant. It is a burger joint. But for what it does it does better than anywhere else I have been.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we stopped at Sylvester's for lunch on a recent trip up the coast.

Those of you who have mentioned "lots of food" were not kidding...!! I had a 1/2 pounder with mushrooms. My wife ordered the burger with bacon and bleu cheese. Personally, I think that I got the best deal (mushroom burger), but both were VERY good and cooked to order..!!

We also shared an order of onion rings. They were EXCELLENT...best we have ever had. I think they were coated in a tempura-like batter because the onion rings were light and delicious

Although the burger was not THE best burger I have ever had, it's right up there with the best, and..the price point is excellent.

Recommend...!!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Best burgers around!!! Onion rings are terrific and they'll do a combination of fries and rings too. "Secret sauce" is way too yummy!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We too try out the best burger joints around. Found this one while staying in Shell Beach. Both hubby and I had the mushroom burger, fries and onion rings and everything was great! The onion rings were fresh and battered in-house. Try the Sylvester sauce...it's the bomb. Will return here on my many trips to Shell Beach...but will share a burger next time as even the small burger is huge.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We love BURGERS and research them wherever we go. Sylvester's is in the top 20. My husband and I spilt the burger, fries and shake. (trying to watch our diets!??!!) Can't say we were full but satisfied and the food is delicous. Good quality beef, yummy bun, fresh fries and a truly decadent vanilla milk shake.