“So happy we found this place!”
Review of Global Gardens

Global Gardens
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Los Olivos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Global Gardens is Santa Barbara county's 1st Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Producer. Our 3-acre mini farm is centrally located in the heart of beautiful wine country, the Santa Ynez Valley, tucked between Los Olivos and Solvang at a historic Wells Fargo stage coach stop. A distinctive stone wall surrounds an olive grove of Italian & Greek varietal olives we planted in 2004; precisely where stage coaches and horses used to stop for water and blacksmithing! Now, instead of repairing horse shoes and wheel cogs, you can taste over 40 food products from our organic/GMO free home-grown, family-produced & globally-inspired product line. It doesn't get any more local than this! Our hearty $5 experience features a customized tasting pallet, freshly baked rustic roll and a guided, educational tasting that will take you from aficionado to an Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar expert in a matter of minutes! We make over 20 Fruit Balsamics, Sauces, Appetizer Spreads, Organic Mustards, Spice Blends, Rubs, Organic Travel Snacks & Confections too. Our sweets are lovingly made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of butter, organic ingredients and no GMO's. Everybody enjoys our Tasting Bar; even the little ones love to taste and be a part of the fun too! Original, flavorful and unforgettable...we are consistently voted as the #1 destination on fancy wine tours! Feel free to bring your own lunch, relax under centuries-old oak & eucalyptus trees, watch monarchs sunning on flowers, listen to the bubbly year 'round creek, while enjoying the sites, scents and flavors in our seasonally planted gardens. If you want to stay connected, Join The Olive Revolution(R), an olive oil & gourmet food Club that is just like a wine club-except you don't drink it all in one night! Choose from our exclusive Oil of the Month or Classic Quarterly Club.
Loudonville, NY
“So happy we found this place!”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We happened upon Global Gardens through an article in the LA Times while we were staying at the nearby Ballard Inn. We were intrigued by the story of the business' beginnings, and the article's recipes sounded sooo good, so we drove over that morning before hitting the wineries. So glad we did! Their flavored olive oils, vinegars, sauces, glazes, and snacks are unique - and taste just wonderful. We decided to join their club, and received our first shipment today....can't wait to try our new goodies!! The shop is adorable, everyone there is so friendly and welcoming, and they have a very cool line of ceramics, kitchen gadgets, body oils and lotions, books, and Fair Trade products from Africa. They offer discounts for club members with very fair shipping fees for online ordering.....great deal for those of us so far away in NY! Can't wait for their first published cookbook to be available in October! Be sure to check it out when you're in the Santa Barbara wine country....it's a must see stop on your trip....and very easy to find!!

Visited February 2011

Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a stop”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This is a pleasant break from wine tasting. It is a small store with mostly gift shop type items. However, they have vinegar and olive oil tasting, with several olive oils and flavored balsamic vinegars. The olive oils, in particular, were interesting because of the very different flavors they had which, according to the staff, depended on the crops that were growing near them, like citrus and pepper trees. This does not take a lot of time, but is very interesting.

Denver, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Pleasant and foodie FABULOUSNESS!! Thank you for sharing the goodness with our family!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Stopped in Los Olivos for the farmer's market , and was absolutely delighted to find this treasure of flavor! Thank you.

mpls, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A must stop while in the area.”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My brothers and I stopped by while out sampling wine in the area. The knowledge and flavors Theo shared with us was very impressive. I joined the club to get the quarterly shipments and look forward to the new flavors coming my way. I recommend this as a must stop while in the area.

Oakland, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun stop, great products--definitely worth your time!”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stopped here as part of a wine tasting tour, and it ended up being my group's favorite stop! Theo led us through a tasting of several different olive oils, vinegars, and a couple other goodies, and answered all of our questions. The tasting was a nice complement to our wine tastings, and everything we tried was delicious.

Being something of an olive oil and vinegar fiend, I thought the olive oil club membership sounded like a great deal and I signed up on the spot. I've gotten a couple of shipments so far, and have really enjoyed all the products. I consumed an entire liter of pear and tamarind vinegar in about two months--a pace that I didn't think possible, even for me--because it was so delicious I couldn't help myself. And I'm picky, so that's really saying something. I definitely recommend this place!