“Pleasant and foodie FABULOUSNESS!! Thank you for sharing the goodness with our family!!”
Review of Global Gardens

Global Gardens
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Los Olivos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Global Gardens is Santa Barbara county's 1st Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Producer. Our 3-acre mini farm is centrally located in the heart of beautiful wine country, the Santa Ynez Valley, tucked between Los Olivos and Solvang at a historic Wells Fargo stage coach stop. A distinctive stone wall surrounds an olive grove of Italian & Greek varietal olives we planted in 2004; precisely where stage coaches and horses used to stop for water and blacksmithing! Now, instead of repairing horse shoes and wheel cogs, you can taste over 40 food products from our organic/GMO free home-grown, family-produced & globally-inspired product line. It doesn't get any more local than this! Our hearty $5 experience features a customized tasting pallet, freshly baked rustic roll and a guided, educational tasting that will take you from aficionado to an Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar expert in a matter of minutes! We make over 20 Fruit Balsamics, Sauces, Appetizer Spreads, Organic Mustards, Spice Blends, Rubs, Organic Travel Snacks & Confections too. Our sweets are lovingly made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of butter, organic ingredients and no GMO's. Everybody enjoys our Tasting Bar; even the little ones love to taste and be a part of the fun too! Original, flavorful and unforgettable...we are consistently voted as the #1 destination on fancy wine tours! Feel free to bring your own lunch, relax under centuries-old oak & eucalyptus trees, watch monarchs sunning on flowers, listen to the bubbly year 'round creek, while enjoying the sites, scents and flavors in our seasonally planted gardens. If you want to stay connected, Join The Olive Revolution(R), an olive oil & gourmet food Club that is just like a wine club-except you don't drink it all in one night! Choose from our exclusive Oil of the Month or Classic Quarterly Club.
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Stopped in Los Olivos for the farmer's market , and was absolutely delighted to find this treasure of flavor! Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Global Gardens

Reviewed September 15, 2009

My brothers and I stopped by while out sampling wine in the area. The knowledge and flavors Theo shared with us was very impressive. I joined the club to get the quarterly shipments and look forward to the new flavors coming my way. I recommend this as a must stop while in the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stopped here as part of a wine tasting tour, and it ended up being my group's favorite stop! Theo led us through a tasting of several different olive oils, vinegars, and a couple other goodies, and answered all of our questions. The tasting was a nice complement to our wine tastings, and everything we tried was delicious.

Being something of an olive oil and vinegar fiend, I thought the olive oil club membership sounded like a great deal and I signed up on the spot. I've gotten a couple of shipments so far, and have really enjoyed all the products. I consumed an entire liter of pear and tamarind vinegar in about two months--a pace that I didn't think possible, even for me--because it was so delicious I couldn't help myself. And I'm picky, so that's really saying something. I definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed September 8, 2008

We read about this gem of a place on trip advisor and decided to stop in. What a treat!! Dawn was amazing, so knowledgeable--a crash course in everything you ever wanted to know about olive oils!! Definite must see!!

Reviewed April 11, 2008

While wine tasting in Los Olivos our group dropped into Global Gardens. We indended for it to be a quick stop, but ended up staying more than an hour tasting their wonderfully unique olive oils (who knew?), browsing the culinary items, and talking to the owner. We purchased several food items to bring home and to picnic with over the next several days of our trip. The fruit vinegars are amazing (no more boring red wine vinegar in our house!) and my husband loves the spicy walnuts. We'll definitely visit again!