“Los Olivos is a great little town!”

Los Olivos Tasting Room & Wine Shop
Ranked #3 of 9 Shopping in Los Olivos
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stopped in Los Olivos during a very abbreviated tour of some of the wineries in the area. It is a very pleasant town, filled with huge old oak trees and many nicely-restored older homes and commercial buildings. We stepped into the wine shop, but found it a bit crowded and unfriendly, so didn't stay. Walking along the streets and through the city park was very pleasant, especially on a warm Fall day.

1  Thank Kalamariverrat

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went through Los Olivos on the way to see Neverland Ranch and what a wonderful little town. Pristine and fun to explore. We had a nice lunch and walking through the town we happened upon a really cute shop that had a huge array of wine corkscrews. The owner was one of the friendliest people we have ever met. Engaging and told us a mass of history about his collection and the development of the wine regions within California. It was such an amazing time that we were hard pressed to pull ourselves away to travel on to Solvang. We really did walk away feeling like we had learnt so much and we have the deepest appreciation for the investment of time given. You must call into Los Olivos it will be a talking point of your vacation.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I stopped in yesterday on our way home to Sonoma County. My wife asked if she could use the restroom and the gruff sob asked if we would be tasting, meaning if not, then she would not be allowed to pee there. After I told him I would be tasting he directed her to the rear of the place, but she went past the bathroom by mistake and he admonished her for going into the employee only area. He then asked me for the $10. I have never paid for a tasting up front. I took out my wallet and he said "we don't take credit cards for tastings only". At that point I yelled back to my wife that she couldn't use the restroom, and we both left. This guy is unfriendly, unprofessional, and disrespectful. He should be working by himself somewhere, and most definitely should not be in a customer service business. Safe your time, money, and self respect and go elsewhere.

3  Thank Kent K
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was not the friendliest tasting room. I was lured in by the promise of a potential taste of a high end pinot noir. Unfortunately, the owner was pouring lower end pinots. I felt it was somewhat of a bait-and-switch. Also, owner tries to be educational, but I felt he was condescending (at least I assume he was the owner -- no employee would be allowed to be condescending and survive). As is typical in Los Olivos, no bathroom!!! Port-a-potties at the end of town.

3  Thank OurLakeHouse
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Seriously any wine is good wine!!! Go to the wine merchant for lunch we had the cheese plate & some wine!! Delicious!!!!

1  Thank daforeignergirl