“Best Chicken Sandwich - Ever!”

Sides Hardware and Shoes - a Brothers Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sides Hardware and Shoes - a Brothers Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Los Olivos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grand Avenue
Transit: Routes A and B stop across the street from Sides Hardware and Shoes. Please check www.syvt.com for route information.
Description: Brothers Matt and Jeff Nichols named Sides Hardware and Shoes in tribute to Milburn Sides who opened his store in Los Olivos in 1901. Serving lunch and dinner daily, enjoy The Brothers “bacon steak” – a thick cut of house-made applewood smoked maple bacon, the Hammered Pig Sandwich of Fried Pork Tenderloin with Apple and Mustard Seed Slaw, a classic Brothers Burger and Albacore Fish Tacos. Featuring eight local wines, stored in kegs and served on tap as well as a full list of Central Coast wines.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visited Sides during a wine tasting trip to the area. We had heard about it's dinner but you have to plan ahead as reservations are required for dinner. We went there for lunch (no reservations required but it was crowded) and were quite surprised. The menu did not seem as creative as I expected - given the reviews - but I had a chicken sandwich. I was in heaven! It had some kind of slaw on it which gave it a slight sour taste, but there was some kind of sweet sauce in there too. I'm not sure what else was in it but it was the most amazing chicken sandwich I've ever eaten - and I've eaten a lot of them! So even though the menu was not extraordinary, the the food certainly was. We Will Be Back.

1  Thank ihitchhiker

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Go! Order burgers! You will not be disappointed! I had a daily special, on top was: buratta cheese, and an onion conserve that was pleasantly tart and sweet. Sweet potato fries (though there are other choices) were the side, I squeezed a little fresh lemon on them, and the meal was bliss!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Dont hesitate to go but make sure you have a reservation
Wines were great and they have a full bar as well.
Bacon peach bread Salad was terrific and it made me want bacon in my ice cream for dessert(But I was too full)
I had the Crispy skin trout, my husband had the amazing Pork Chop..
dont forget the deep fried Brussel sprouts
Small place so tables are very close to each other..can be hard to hear your table mate....

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Los Olivos locals don't have to leave town for casual, upscale ambiance, Sides Hardware and Shoes delivers all three with flying colors. Good local bakery baked bread, thick tasty breakfast bacon, French toast or for dinner settle in for one of the specials. Tin ceilings, wood floors, friendly upscale service. A bit pricey...

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This place is fantastic - the food flavors were amazing. I'm sorry the Brothers owners lost their lease at Mattie's Tavern but I love this historic location and the new comfort food menu.