“Best of the Valley”

Sides Hardware and Shoes - a Brothers Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sides Hardware and Shoes - a Brothers Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Los Olivos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grand Avenue
Transit: Routes A and B stop across the street from Sides Hardware and Shoes. Please check www.syvt.com for route information.
Description: Brothers Matt and Jeff Nichols named Sides Hardware and Shoes in tribute to Milburn Sides who opened his store in Los Olivos in 1901. Serving lunch and dinner daily, enjoy The Brothers “bacon steak” – a thick cut of house-made applewood smoked maple bacon, the Hammered Pig Sandwich of Fried Pork Tenderloin with Apple and Mustard Seed Slaw, a classic Brothers Burger and Albacore Fish Tacos. Featuring eight local wines, stored in kegs and served on tap as well as a full list of Central Coast wines.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here twice and each time the experience was 5-star, including presentation, variety of taste combinations, excellent preparation to table service. There are three patio tables and we prefer it out there unless it is too cold as the indoors can get a little noisy. But that's just a sign that people enjoy coming to this place with friends and loved ones. I do not know of a better restaurant in the Santa Ynez Valley. Our most recent meal was on New Year's Day 2013, and I can attest that the food was of the highest quality and the preparation was superb. Wine list can use a little work but just bring your own bottle since there are any number of places around town to obtain a first class wine. If you go the Valley, you must eat here! Top recommendation.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Put our name on the wait list with a half hour wait. No problem, walked around a bit, went back about 20 min. Later. The woman very curtly told me we were still on the bottom of the list with a half hour wait? They were incredibly rude,if there is an hour wait, please tell, or at least act as if you care.

3  Thank jeannette e
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Read about this restaurant in Westways Magazine and after a day of wine tasting this was a great finish to a relaxing day. Had planned on stopping for a late lunch, but didn't realize they close for lunch at 2:30 p.m. Open up again for dinner at 5:00 p.m. If at all possible MAKE RESERVATIONS. We were waiting outside the door about 10 min. before they opened (along with about 4 other couples). They were fully booked except for the bar. We were hungry so we happily agreed. It was the best service. The bartender took our orders, and kept our glasses filled. If it wasn't for all the wine we'd had all day, I would have tried out their local wines on tap! Hubby had the Hammered Pig (their specialty - spaetzle, beer braised cabbage, brown butter lemon caper vinaigrette ) and I had the fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy and garlicky kale. All we could say was WOW! Amazing! We will be back!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Make a reservation and plan your dinner or lunch in advance - they close in between meal times. (I drank too much and didn't plan on waiting to get in a restaurant until 5pm! Needless to say - I was starving!).
I consider myself a "foodie" and this place was fabulous.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Traveled half way across the US to eat at this restaurant...impressed with the way the kitchen handled serving a very large group and the rest of us...our meal was superb...the presentation and flavors were exquisite...I had the diver scallops and hubby had the lamb. We started with a shared baby beet salad that was the perfect introduction...ended the meal with sorbet. Service was friendly and efficient. The atmosphere was very pleasant and relaxed. What a great evening!